Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 11:08 PM

Default MicroBob, your going to miss Tunica...

Seriously bud, why are you moving to FL? Yes I am jealous because you will be close to the beach, but the live poker in FL sucks compared to Tunica, even with the new law. HA HA Im just messin' with you man, I hope you have a great move and let us know how the pokering goes down there! Take care and the best of luck to you.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: MicroBob, your going to miss Tunica...

Is the PM machine broken?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:15 AM

Thanks for the nice wishes.
However I doubt I'll miss it that much.
I play in Tunica about once a month and will still be visiting the region occasionally. It's not a big deal to me. Live play is okay every once in awhile but too much gets to be kind of boring to me.

Since I'll be living closer to a poker-room in Florida than I do here in Memphis (almost an hour from Tunica where I live) and I expect the games to be pretty good for a little while I may up my live-play rate to once every week or two. Not sure. Depends on how I like it there.

I've explained it in other threads but seems some people who haven't seen it are curious.
Here's a copy-paste from a different thread where I was asked about moving away from Memphis:

"we are moving actually. next week.
Life is too short to spend it in Memphis.

GF finally got an acceptable gig with a traveling-nurse agency.

We will be traveling around the country 3-6 mths at a time for a couple yrs and are really looking forward to it.

Panama City is first which I'm not expecting to be awesome but it should be fun and at least it's new for us.
She loves the beach. Still reasonably near her brother in Memphis. My family is in Destin which is very close so we'll be seeing them a lot and they are all pretty excited that we're coming.

future stops will possibly include Miami, Pittsburgh (she used to live there and likes the area), Las Vegas, Hawaii, and perhaps wherever else the dart lands on the map."

after my GF comes home from a tough day of work it will be nice to head out to some bar on the beach for a drink instead of going to some chain restaurant in a strip-mall for a margarita or something.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Live play is okay every once in awhile but too much gets to be kind of boring to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, just the opposite for me! Online play is ok for donking it up but before the BB gets to me, I'm already surfing the web. Live play....I can go hour upon hours before I start to get bored....funny how everyone is different. Good luck down in FL or I can't wait to see some trip reports from down that way.