Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Call down here automatic?

I've run across this type of scenario a lot in the short time i've played 6max. So I usually have small sample size on opponent. Should this be an auto river call against relatively unknown opponent? They keep showing me something like 77 or T9 or Kxs. But I should be able to catch JT QJ bluffing enough to make the call profitable.

Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Fold to CO(28/18/1.7) who raises
Hero reraise, CO call
Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Hero bets, CO calls
turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hero bets, CO calls
river 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls
Old 05-12-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Call down here automatic?

It's pretty close.
QJ or JT probabily fold the turn (and may not bet river).

In terms of what I could possibly have here, you're smoked and you should c/f. Against a random... I'm not sure, just depends on how much they semi-bluff (the more they semibluff, the less drawing hands they'll have here) how loose they call down and if they ever bluff ace high. I would lean towards c/f but there are certaintly opponents where you can c/c.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:14 AM

Villian looks like a tag. The only missed draw that a tag makes it to the river with is diamonds. Most tags will check behind a weaker ace. You have diamonds --->c/f
Old 05-12-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian looks like a tag. The only missed draw that a tag makes it to the river with is diamonds. Most tags will check behind a weaker ace. You have diamonds --->c/f

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess it is a fold barring any read to the contrary.
Plus, I've been playing on Interpoker and the avg player there seems weak tight.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:16 AM

Is that a prima skin? Because a lot of the weak tight players at 1/2 make retarded bluffs there - you should really keep an eye open for it. I'm talking about raising the river with complete air when I'm never ever folding and stuff like that. Very profitable with good notes though.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that a prima skin? Because a lot of the weak tight players at 1/2 make retarded bluffs there - you should really keep an eye open for it. I'm talking about raising the river with complete air when I'm never ever folding and stuff like that. Very profitable with good notes though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a Crypto and from what I've seen so far most players are TAG or super nits. With a rare maniac and loose passive mixed in.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In terms of what I could possibly have here, you're smoked and you should c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah everyone @ the Stars game calls here vs. Tags even though they're beat 98+%; it's a leak.