Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Default IKEA beds and mattresses... any satisfied customers

Hi OOT,

I am in the market for a new bed frame and mattress combo, so naturally as a college student IKEA seems like a viable option. I'm particulary interested in this specific combination if anyone has tried them but any experience with IKEA bedroom stuff in general would be appreciated as well. Here is the combo that I am looking to get:

Bedframe:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29838956
Mattress:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70094364

So how'd i do?
Old 07-06-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: IKEA beds and mattresses... any satisfied customers

I bought the exact same bed and mattress last year and have had no problems with it. If you buy the navy blue duvet cover/pillow case set with the white stripes we could be bed brothers.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:45 PM

For about $500, you could get a good queen size bed from a major chain retailer. It will come with a boxspring and frame, and should be more comfortable than IKEA, but will not have the fancy frame.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:45 PM

I got that bed in a full with SULTAN HAMNÖ and I like it a lot. I have sleep issues so it took me a little while to get used to the new bed and environment, but I sleep great on it now.

Also, the floor model had some lame nightstand with wheels on it that are $80 a pop. I bought these and they match and are pretty much the perfect height for the bed.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:06 PM

yea it looks good nice choices. thanks for replies, i don't erally know any other way to get feedback on this particular model so I appreciate the responses.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:08 PM

I bought an IKEA mattress (the most expensive one at the store) about 8 years ago and thought it was great. I bought a cheap IKEA frame and no boxspring.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:16 PM

I have pretty much the same bed with a solid backboard and a similar mattress, it was one of the stiffer ones but not super hard that if I remember right was in that price range, I can't find the receipts.

I've had it for about 9 months and have been very satisfied.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:21 PM

My ex girlfriend had bought a combo nightstand/bed frame with matress from IKEA, I found it unbarable to sleep in, and had to be super drunk or tired to get to sleep. Keep in mind though, I'm 35 and sleep on a $1200 matress, so if you're in college this might be a decent choice.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:54 PM

Also buy all your bedding here to recreate your MGM Grand experience. Never had a better pillow

Dream Bed
Old 07-06-2007, 09:08 PM

I sell mattresses for a living, and pesronally would not get this mattress. That's just me, but I don't think (and in my experience, I know) that these cheap memory foam mattresses will hold up very well. For my money, go to a mattress store, and you should be able to find a better quality mattress at a comparable price.

So many people are lured by "memory foam" anymore. I just don't think that they are a very good choice for most people. Especially these knockoffs of the Tempurpedic. All foam mattress that will hold up are VERY expensive to produce. Your asking for trouble, IMHO, if you go cheap in this variety of mattress. Get an innerspring with a pillowtop. You'll be happier.

That being said, I think that Tempurpedic makes a good quality mattress. If you were looking at those, this post would definately have different advice.