Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 04:43 AM

Default Bunch of FTP questions

Hey, I just started playing online poker a few days ago, have been playing live for about 2 and I have a bunch of questions.

1. I'm in the US, is it legal for me to be playing? Will this affect me getting my money via check (I deposited through my debit card, right into FTP)

2. My name is not the same as the name on the FTP account - this wasn't a problem when using debit card, will it be a problem when cashing out? If so, will transfering money to another account with my name on it be a viable solution?

3. I'm 19 years old, will this affect anything? Is it legal for a 19 year old to play online poker (I'm in NY if that matters)

4. What is the "bonus account"? It says I've earned about 18 bucks towards my bonus, how do I go about getting it?

5. What is rakeback that I keep seeing mentioned?

6. Are FTP points good for anything other than getting crap from the store/playing in donkaments?

Thanks in advance, and if anyone sees a "Tasocles" playing 1/2 nl give a "hello", seems no one talks at all playing online.

Taso
Old 07-26-2007, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Bunch of FTP questions

1. It's illegal in some stats but not in the US as a whole. AFAIK though nobody has ever been arrested for it. Getting a check should be fine.

2. You intend to cash a check that isn't in your name? Sounds like an issue to me.

3. This is fine.

4. Bonus is released to your account in $20 incriments.

5. You messed up here as it's too late to get rakeback now which is a partial refund of the rake that you pay to the site.

6. No.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. It's illegal in some stats but not in the US as a whole. AFAIK though nobody has ever been arrested for it. Getting a check should be fine.

2. You intend to cash a check that isn't in your name? Sounds like an issue to me.

3. This is fine.

4. Bonus is released to your account in $20 incriments.

5. You messed up here as it's too late to get rakeback now which is a partial refund of the rake that you pay to the site.

6. No.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. cool

2. Yeah, I'm an idiot. If the check is endorsed though it should be fine, correct?

3. cool

4. Oh, awesome. Excited about it!

5. So should I create a different account to take advantage of this then, and just transfer my money over to it? Seems like the only reason people play at FTP is for rakeback.

6. Darn.

Thanks for answering the questions!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:18 PM

supposedly you can still get rakeback if you create a new account on someone else's name. People sign up under their spouses name, though it is a bit shady. You need to make a new email address and deposit method too I believe. Since your account is under a different name, just make a new account under your name. Delete FTP software/cookies and reinstall the program under a rakeback affiliate. Not sure of all the details and I've yet to try it since i play only on stars. If you hadn't deposited it would be easier.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:22 PM

not everything in the store is crap...