Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 05:26 PM

Default My adventure at Legends of Poker $200 NL Tourney

My first ever B&M Tournament and I had never been to the Bike before either. 657 people entered so prize pool of over $130,000; I think 1st paid approx. $45k!

Goal #1: Not to be the 1st person eliminated from the tournament. Check! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Goal #2: Not to be the 1st person eliminated from my table. Check! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Goal #3: To last at least an hour. Check! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Goal #4: To last at least two hours. Check! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Goal #5: To make the $$. Check! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Goal #6: To make the final table. Ah well, all good things must come to an end... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

For my first time I think I played fairly well.

Best suck-out: I went all-in with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 of different suit when I was getting low and called by A-K! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I'm pretty much dead in the water but runner-runner [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] brings me the flush and keeps me alive!

Favorite Hand: 3 or 4 limpers in front of me so I call in the SB with like 7-5 offsuit and BB just checks. Flop comes 3-4-6 for the nut straight! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Slow-played it on the flop (don't know if that was right or not?) but got it all-in on the Turn and got a caller! SWEET!!

Elimination Hand: In the $$ with an average stack your M was only around 4 so with my M being down to 2 I went all in with K-4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] but called in two places and went down to A-K.

Overall a very fun experience and can't wait to play a tournament at this level again! In Vegas in a couple of weeks so think I'm going to play in one while I'm there.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:33 PM

Default Re: My adventure at Legends of Poker $200 NL Tourney

Nice work, and congrats on the cash.

Now tear it up in Vegas.