Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 08:58 AM

Default $6 - A7 - Bubble

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero (t2650)
BB (t2960)
UTG (t4040)
Button (t10350)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero?

BB is a loose player. Is this an insta-shove?
Old 09-16-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Re: $6 - AQ - Bubble

Uh I think ur title is wrong, either way AQ or A7 is insta-shove don't miss it.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: $6 - A7 - Bubble

Automatic shove with any ace for me
Old 09-16-2007, 10:25 AM

Im pushing much wider t han A7o here, also im looking to move up to the $11s as fast as possible because the rake is the same on party
Old 09-16-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Automatic shove with any ace for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i know under 7x bb Sb into BB , usually any ace but i dont like when BB wakes up with a10 aj aq kk, a limp will put u in a trickier spot but still in the game. But I like to limp sometimes and just see the flop if it was like aJ+ 88 it would be shove all day. This is the worst spots in sngs when ur around 8&lt;bb wake up with an ace on the button or SB 3/4/5 way, usually i like to limp the weak ones push the strong ones, but sometimes like you said ill just shove the ace into BB but not really happy with it. It doesnt come down to if they have been loose or not it comes down to if they pick up a hand lol.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:42 AM

Freeucm - I am thrilled to wake up with/shove A7 into the sb here, and especially thrilled that neither of the bigstacks are smart enough to abuse the bubble. I would call it one of the best spots in sngs when your decision turns from 'sucks to call/should I call as the shorty' to 'EZ PUSH as the shorty, ship the 600.'
Old 09-16-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Freeucm - I am thrilled to wake up with/shove A7 into the sb here, and especially thrilled that neither of the bigstacks are smart enough to abuse the bubble. I would call it one of the best spots in sngs when your decision turns from 'sucks to call/should I call as the shorty' to 'EZ PUSH as the shorty, ship the 600.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not disagreeing pushing is always more ev+ then calling
Old 09-16-2007, 11:05 AM

Hey there: I like the A7 off-suit in this spot. On the other hand, you have to consider exactly how loose and aggressive this opponent is, both pre-flop and post-flop, before declaring it an "insta-shove".

If you think he'll call any all-in, keep in mind you're probably only a 60% favorite most of the time (sometimes in a coin-flip, and occasionally crushed if he wakes up with A8+, 77+). If he's loose passive, you might consider completing and having a look at the flop before making a move. If he's loose aggressive, you might even consider folding IF you think he's likely to get stacked by one of the big stacks within the next 1-2 orbits (otherwise it's just a weak-tight play). If he's loose pre-flop and ultra-tight post-flop, a stop and go is called for (assuming you min-raise and he calls, you can assume you're ahead pre-flop, and then you'll be ahead 78% of the time post-flop, and might induce him to fold with bottom pair even if you miss). Finally, if he's only somewhat loose pre-flop, but is scared by an all-in unless he has a real hand (after all, if he loses he'll be crippled), then shove.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:20 AM

i push ATC here.
depending on how loose he called before i MIGHT fold some of the very worst hands, but normally you can't pass up on those 600 chips, especially since he is the other shortie.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:44 AM

very easy push.