Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 12:07 AM

Default Won 2 seats on Bodog do i have any logical recourse?

Due in part to the massive overlay today i played in 4 of Bodog's wsop sats that started 20 minutes apart.

Due to serious luckboxing i won 2 of them, i noticed in process that they don't allow 2 wins ( http://www.bodog.com/poker/tournaments/wsop-faq.jsp)

i wasn't worried until it was too late...i mailed them immediately after the 2nd and suggested the pay the 2nd one as buyins to other wsop events which i would wear bodog gear at but they are sticking to the line of "you are SOL and 2nd place wins" so far.

Anyone dealt with bodog (Serge is the tournament guru apparently) before? anything i can do besides asking pretty please and hoping for the best?
Old 05-15-2006, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Won 2 seats on Bodog do i have any logical recourse?

[ QUOTE ]
i wasn't worried until it was too late...i mailed them immediately after the 2nd and suggested the pay the 2nd one as buyins to other wsop events which i would wear bodog gear at but they are sticking to the line of "you are SOL and 2nd place wins" so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds incredibly fair and pretty dick that they would tell you that you're SOL.

i'd try harder. talk to the right people if you haven't already.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:11 AM

broken link, sorry to hear about your tough break, what WSOP did you get into?
Old 05-15-2006, 12:13 AM

I have never heard of them bending on this, their policy is pretty clear, but good luck.
Congrats on the win!
- tribe
Old 05-15-2006, 12:32 AM

It makes sense they would like to spend their money on the main event due to the publicity.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:37 AM

Its sucks, but you knew the rules going in.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:52 AM

I think a fair resolution would be for them to pay you the lessor value of the tourney entry fees. i.e. $12,500 minus the greater of the two overlays.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2006, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Players will not be able to transfer, sell, or exchange WSOP prize packages. If you have already won a seat to a specific event WSOP event, please do not compete for another seat to the same event as the prize package will be forfeit

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds clear-cut, but at the same time you obviously didn't enter another sat *after* having won your first seat. The fact that you played them simultaneously makes a difference IMO. Yes, they want as many ME entrants as possible, but they also want to encourage their players to multi-table.

I wouldn't let it drop without a better resolution than you are getting. Legally, you probably have no recourse, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. They might be responsive to the (polite) threat of bad publicity.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Due in part to the massive overlay today i played in 4 of Bodog's wsop sats that started 20 minutes apart.

Due to serious luckboxing i won 2 of them, i noticed in process that they don't allow 2 wins ( http://www.bodog.com/poker/tournaments/wsop-faq.jsp)

Anyone dealt with bodog (Serge is the tournament guru apparently) before? anything i can do besides asking pretty please and hoping for the best?

[/ QUOTE ]

dude if you won seats in tournaments that were going on at the same time they should hook you up. i have somebody on bodog who would even buy the seat off you at a discounted price. tell them to use common [censored] sense in this case and not be morons about it.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Results

They gave the seat to 2nd place and said i get nothing.

I'm pissed but have no angle here, i will certainlly not be a happy team bodog member or play any more on that site.