Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 01:34 PM
 is offline

Default TT facing big aggression

i have played only 30 hands with utg. he's been on the rocky side(7/0/0).
CO is 32/17/1.8 after 70 hands.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>

my initial plan on the flop was to c/r CO's continuation bet, trying to get it heads-up with him. but now that utg donks and CO raises, what's the plan?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: TT facing big aggression

Fold.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:23 PM

ON the flop, UTG is not donking in my opinion, he is c-betting, as he should, if he has an overpair, (he doesnt have AA or KK), so UTG thinks it might be a safe flop, and bets, he has you beaten. CO raising says, hey, I am not sitting here with overcards, and I htink my pair is higher than your pair.

Ergo, run away.

Preflop, I hate cold calling there, your pot equity is either crippled by being up against AA and QQ, or in trouble if you are up against AKs and QQ.

Also, TT is a tough hand to play out of position, and against 2 preflop raisers. Folding, is probably out of the question, but would enter my mind, since you are (I think) playing for set value).

Somebody explain why a preflop fold is a horrible idea.

Thanks,

Todd
Old 03-08-2007, 02:36 PM
 is offline

does anybody bet that flop? i mean, bet and call 1, then fold turn UI, or bet and fold 2.
or was checking the good play here?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:41 PM

I would fold here pre-flop a lot of the time. If you're calling, it's probably just for set value. Without spiking a ten, I can't see many flops where you'd want to continue against their likely ranges.

Definitely a fold for two bets on the flop.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There are 1,326 possible starting hands in Texas Hold'em. TT is the fifth best.

Folding preflop sucks yaks.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh.. If your gonna say that, the use a proper comparison....

There are 169 unique hand combos w/ TT being 5th best.

Saying it your way is not true since there are 6 combos alone of AA which are better.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, yeah, I get that it is a 'strong hand'.

But isnt the key deciding if you are up against hands that completely dominate it. That is why the decision should not be made in the vacuum of raw hand strength (assuming that TT really IS 'stronger' than AKs or AQs).

But think of how the flop played, you got the second best of all possible flops, all undercards (but unfortunately no T), and you have to fold. So if the flop comes paint, you fold, if the flop comes undercards, and you are raised and reraised you have to fold. Pretty much a set is what you are hoping for, and you are calling 2:1 preflop to hit a set.

That doesnt seem like sound, winning poker to me.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anybody bet that flop? i mean, bet and call 1, then fold turn UI, or bet and fold 2.
or was checking the good play here?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 back to you from the flop 3 bettor in answer to the flop donk? You have to assume you're against QQ+ here. Maybe from both of these guys. You have a draw to 2 outs. You cold called PF to hit the set anyway, you missed, just get out of the way.

As for leading the flop, you could bet and call 1 if you decided you hate money. In this sutation though its still coming back 2 to you, and you would still fold.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:15 PM

Consensus seems we're calling PF for set value as at least one, if not both, villains are JJ-AA, AQ-AK. That being the case, we should be as likely to call w/ 22-99 here, right? I think we should be folding here, and SSHE tight chart says fold TT and JJ to 2 bets everywhere including SB and BB. I could see calling with more villains or loose villains, but not sure about the instant case.