Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 04:22 PM

Default collusion reporting on stars

i just reported what i was 100% sure was collusion at a stars SNG. how long do these things take to be resolved normally and will i get anything out of it?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: collusion reporting on stars

Details? What buyin, game? What players? What did they do?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
$16 NL SNG. 4 players left, I'm in 2nd place. Chip leader is UTG whenever I am BB. At first I don't notice b/c I am 9 tabling but UTG is pushing only on my blind, folding to the short stacks, and the shorties are folding to each other. When I notice whats up I spite call UTG and sho nuff he shows 7-3o.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:32 PM

OMG COLLUSIONS!

Or maybe 1st place is playing smart poker and attacking the player who is most likely to sit and wait for someone else to bust out and be afraid to call, as it is too his advantage to prolong the "bubble" state of the tournament as long as possible...nah.

OMG! COLLUSIONS! 73o. UNHEARD OF. RIGGED! JOPKE!
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG COLLUSIONS!

Or maybe 1st place is playing smart poker and attacking the player who is most likely to sit and wait for someone else to bust out and be afraid to call, as it is too his advantage to prolong the "bubble" state of the tournament as long as possible...nah.

[/ QUOTE ]
They were all from scandinavian places. This BS goes on for a few orbits and I pretty much lost 2nd place. Instead of starting to push every hand as us shorties even up, he continues to only push on my blind. The shorties meanwhile keep folding to each other (can you explain that one smart guy?), until I spite call UTG and double up, at which point they both go all in very next hand. I've played over 3k SNGs and I've never seen anything like it.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
$16 NL SNG. 4 players left, I'm in 2nd place. Chip leader is UTG whenever I am BB. At first I don't notice b/c I am 9 tabling but UTG is pushing only on my blind, folding to the short stacks, and the shorties are folding to each other. When I notice whats up I spite call UTG and sho nuff he shows 7-3o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, this sounds like standard big stack poker with 4 left in a SnG. Do you know how to play SnG's? If this is your evidence you have no case and this thread needs to be locked.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMG COLLUSIONS!

[/ QUOTE ]
They were all from scandinavian places. This BS goes on for a few orbits and I pretty much lost 2nd place. Instead of starting to push every hand as us shorties even up, he continues to only push on my blind. The shorties meanwhile keep folding to each other (can you explain that one smart guy?), until I spite call UTG and double up, at which point they both go all in very next hand. I've played over 3k SNGs and I've never seen anything like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, since all scandinavians must be in cahoots with each other.

If these people are constantly playing together, fine, maybe your right, stars will investigate, sack them, and you'll get money back. But one tourney that runs like this is not even close to 100% proof of collusion.

My read is that you're just annoyed that the chip leader didn't make sure you got in the money, and you were too chickenshight to push in front of him to steal the smaller stacks' blinds (like you're supposed to). I'm guessing your also exaggerating the details a bit.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMG COLLUSIONS!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, since all scandinavians must be in cahoots with each other.

If these people are constantly playing together, fine, maybe your right, stars will investigate, sack them, and you'll get money back. But one tourney that runs like this is not even close to 100% proof of collusion.

My read is that you're just annoyed that the chip leader didn't make sure you got in the money, and you were too chickenshight to push in front of him to steal the smaller stacks' blinds (like you're supposed to). I'm guessing your also exaggerating the details a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did get the money so your read is off (trollers always have these 'reads'), but I guess you might be right. I just sharkscoped the chipleader from the table and he's pretty solid for a big sample. It was probably an isolated thing. But you can't tell me after 5 or so orbits of UTG pushes into you in BB, then shorties all fold and you fold to him in BB, then he folds to a shorty, then shorty folds to other shorty wouldn't raise your suspicions? I mean that exact pattern over and over? I'm no Mcarthyish collusion hunter, but I sensed something was off here. Maybe the shorties were in cahoots.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:09 PM

So you're saying that you folded 20 straight hands!? And you were still in 2nd place after folding 20 straight hands!? You might have to loosen up a bit.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
one other thing this is why i didn't want to post details. people totally get bogged down in the details and don't even bother answering the original question, one of which was how long does it takes stars to investigate these things in your experience??