Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Lets talk about love TLDR!

What is true love? Somene once told me that true love was the soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another. Actually, I read that on a bumper sticker. LOL just kidding...

So seriously, what is true love? I ask that question time and time again. Could it be real? Sometimes I think it's hard to tell. I've been through a lot of relationships. I believe that the meaning of true love isn't clear to anyone. It's a question that can never be answered, but always keeps a person thinking about it.

What does it mean to love someone? An emotional attraction can be just as strong as a physical attraction, so who's to say when love is in your corner. I hate when people say, "You're too young to be in love" It's not true. I believe that love can appear at any age to anyone. However, the question that boggles my mind is: Does true love really exist, or is it just a figment of one's imagination? Is it possible to make yourself believe you're in love, even when deep inside your heart you're confused? People can say I love you, but what does it really mean? Is it being said because the love is real, or do people say it because they feel they should?

This is not a perfect world. With love, hate always follows. What does love consist of? Is it the butterflies in your stomach or the fast beat in your heart? Do you want love so bad you can taste it, so you make up a dream in your mind? I always thought that I could speak from experience. I could say, "yes, I am in love" My dream faded too fast. Even though I'm only 24, I still felt that this special person in my life could be the one I referred to as my "first love". I was hurt and because of it, I now doubt love.

Was I really in love or was I just some, hopeless romantic convincing myself that love was there? I'll never know. The questions I ask will never be answered. Is there really that magical feeling that everyone talks about? And when the relationship comes to an end, is love what makes you unwilling to stay, but unwilling to leave? The ultimate question, if what everyone says about love is true, then why does love have to hurt so much?