Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 03:05 AM

Default depositing at stars & full tilt from the u.s

Hey,
I used to use neteller / firepay. I keep getting asked by casual players how to deposit now at pokerstars. Half of the options probably don't work or are screwed up somehow.

Can I get a recommendation on depositing at stars / tilt for the casual player who buys in for 100 to 200 at a time? What about somebody who likes to play high stakes? Is there a review of the deposit methods out somewhere?

There seem to be a lot of people that think that the sites won't even take their deposits anymore since the leglislation stuff, and I'd like to keep as many people informed as possible.

Gracias
Old 06-23-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: depositing at stars & full tilt from the u.s

You could always paypal the money and have someone put it on a site for you.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:29 AM

Do a moneygram at your local Walmart. It's 9.50 but almost instant.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:20 AM

I used to play a lot online, but got out of it a little bit before Neteller took the dive. I want to get back into it now, but it seems that there aren't many options for getting $$$ online. The only option I see is epassporte, and the fees are, frankly, way too high for somebody that plays lower limits. Maybe I should just forget about poker for now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 09:43 AM

I do MoneyGram also, and it's fine for me--although I chuckled at the mention of Wal-Mart. Where I live (suburbs of NYC), the only MoneyGram locations are to be found in the most undesirable neighborhoods...have to be buzzed in to the store, bulletproof glass for the girls working behind the counter, and English is very definitely the second (or even maybe third) language spoken there.

Makes me feel like I'm doing something criminal, even though I'm not. Certainly too much work for the average fish, sadly.

BTW, I (naturally) don't consider myself to be an average fish--I just took advantage of reload bonuses, and had to add some $$ at one point so I could play a lot of the $160 DS things, to get my main event seat; I did win one, and then they went and stuck $10K in my account instead. Thanks for nothing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I was playing for the ENTRY, not the cash. But I'm entering the ME anyway--it'll just be painful to physically peel off those bills to buy myself in this year.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:28 AM

For small deposits it probably wouldn't be practical, but for larger deposits and withdrawals, you can just FedEx a cashier's check and receive checks. For checks over $1000, stars will FedEx the check and it takes 4-5 business days. For deposits, it takes 1-2 days. The cost to FedEx something to PS is about $60. They don't charge for FedExing you the check (so far). I think this is probably cheaper than epassporte and there isn't any danger of your funds being frozen, other than by PS itself.