Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Small pair Vs loose agg player on paired flop!?

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

OK,i know his an loose/ agg player, (PFR 20% flop af 2.5) but im still freakin out a bit. Im guessing all i can really beat is Ax [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] PLus, CO cold called 2 bets on the flop, which either indicates a flush draw of a J.

Turn: (7 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero?

Now that CO has called it looks like he has a flush draw. But i cant be sure. Time to let it go?
Old 03-12-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Small pair Vs loose agg player on paired flop!?

I c/f this flop. As played I fold the turn.

edited: mixed up VPIP and PFR
Old 03-12-2007, 10:12 AM

PFR 20% covers a massive range of starting hands.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yes you're right. Sorry I made a mistake there.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does, but there are also more players still in, and your hand suffers from reverse implied odds: even if you are ahead now, villain still have a massive number of outs vs you.
On this hand you can win a little or lose a lot (reverse implied odds), which makes me choose check/fold too.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:27 AM

Why did you bet the flop? Are you just playing your own cards? You are betting on a street where the information you are going to get is useless, you're letting the pre-flop raiser protect his hand if he needs to and you are basically turning your hand over.

Edit: Oh ya, and the whole reverse implied odds thing.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:51 AM

Why are you betting into three players (one of them a preflop raiser) with a paired board and a flush draw on the board?

I check/fold here.

Doc
Old 03-14-2007, 02:45 AM

I'll stick my neck out here . . . I like it. He's LAGtacular and could easily be raising the flop with whiffed overs. While I don't appreciate CO calling after we tried our damnedest to have Villain blow away the field, I'm not afraid of his hand (he posted PF) and if he has something dumb like 2x or a draw, he's padding the pot for us to show down against the maniac HU if he misses.

There's a whole ton of cards we don't want to see on the river: any [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], any Broadway, any 4; but I don't mind calling the turn getting 9-1 with what may be the best hand and half the deck on our side.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:24 AM

I am c/f this flop if its not HU after BB bets.

On the turn, I am folding (note that the c/f on the flop avoids this situation, the only time its easy is if a case 3 hits or CO wakes up).
Old 03-14-2007, 05:47 AM

:grunch:

i don't like the flop donk. What do you beat here? Literally any PP has you drawing to 2 outs. This is an easy fold IMO against 4 players. Remember, LAG != idiot. He's not raising with nothing, is he? And even if he is, you've still got 2 others to contend with, neither of whom are afraid of his raise or the scary board. walk away.

hero autofolds the turn. you haven't improved at all and you're still up against 2 villains. for God's sake, fold.