Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Who\'s in line for the playground?

A recent search only turned up the Fantasy Sports idea, which doesn't seem to be wanted anymore.

One thought I'd had for a brief stint in the playground was raised by some regulars in SSSH and would correspond with the release of the new PNL book. With the declining quality of limit games and with the release of the new book, some limit players in my forums were talking about giving NL a try. However, they were a little off-put by the SSNL and uNL forums -- largely the absurdly high traffic in those forums that many felt left their questions unanswered as threads died prematurely, and perhaps somewhat that they didn't always understand the feedback. Well, one way I thought to address this, as well as to promote the new NL book amongst the limit players, would be to use the Playground as a Limit-->NL forum. We'd advertise it as a place for limit veterans to get some questions answered about playing NL, encouraging them to get their feet wet and to get them off to a running start, and hopefully we'd attract some people who are already well-established Limit-->NL converts.

I figure we'd run this for a month or so, and then fold everything back into the current NL forums. I don't think this would be a good permanent forum, but it would be interesting for a little while, especially with the hesitant rumblings of wanting to try NL I've read in Micro and SSSH.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Who\'s in line for the playground?

Josh. is a player who is pretty good at both games and is also a solid mod
Old 07-22-2007, 09:23 AM

Agreed. If he'd like to co-mod that w/ me, that'd be awesome.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:24 PM

This would be pretty cool.

MHSH thread about this for reference: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 07-22-2007, 01:34 PM

Man, I hadn't even seen that thread. I'd mostly just seen the stirrings in SSSH. If we had some of the big names from MHSH, this playground could really have legs.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:22 PM

I think Dynasty requested it months ago for right now for Harry Potter. Maybe with all the spoilers he decided against it?

BTW I think it would be a great idea to have a temporary NL for limit players forum.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:00 AM

Whenever it happens, I think this is a great idea for a forum. Count me among those trying to learn NL, even though goddammit I hate that motherfu[/i]cking game with the white hot passion of a thousand suns.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I hadn't even seen that thread. I'd mostly just seen the stirrings in SSSH. If we had some of the big names from MHSH, this playground could really have legs.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an intellectual practice, I would be interested in this type of forum.

However, my self-preservation instincts tell me to stfu and let them figure it out on their own...I don't need any more lagtags in my games!

I have to think about it a bit.

Surf
Old 07-23-2007, 02:08 PM

You playing NL now, Surf? I hadn't heard that you had switched. Or are you just thinking about trying this forum out?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You playing NL now, Surf? I hadn't heard that you had switched. Or are you just thinking about trying this forum out?

[/ QUOTE ]

When i first learned poker i was a NL player, i switched to limit when i started online in '04 b/c I heard NL online was terrible. I started dabbling in NL again last summer, and I made the switch full-time as of this past december.

I still play LHE from time to time - I'm actually heading out to L.A. to play 40/80 there for a couple days this week, but online it's 95% nl now.

Surf