Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 06:22 PM

Default n00b questoin: poosh or fold situation?

villain (utg) has only been at the table for 1 1/2 orbits, but has been somewhat aggro, and has shown down crap once or twice. his PFR range so far has been an Ax off, a single paint soooted, and an offsuit one-gap. really weird. he's also aggro post-flop, c-betting every time he has raised PF...I think my AJ in the SB is enough hand to see a flop with...I think.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG+1 ($13.70)
UTG+2 ($13.76)
MP1 ($11.55)
MP2 ($11.90)
MP3 ($5.35)
CO ($10)
Button ($71.18)
Hero ($8.05)
BB ($9.60)
UTG ($10.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.10. Hero posts a blind of $0.05.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls $0.10, Button calls $0.20, Hero (poster) calls $0.15, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($1) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.95</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero ???

I feel that my pot equity here is probably pretty high, with 9 hearts, and 3 non-heart T's left. I dont know what to make of my remaining A outs, although they very well might be dirrrty. this seems like a poosh or fold type situation to me. am I wrong and dumb?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:25 PM

Default Re: n00b questoin: poosh or fold situation?

Well, it's certainly not a fold. As played, call. Consider bet/3-bet in the future.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:26 PM

Don't fold ever. Raise is also possible. I don't mind racing here.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Consider bet/3-bet in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this in reference to pre-flop?

edit: of course it's not pre-flop. am I strong enough to lead the flop here? I usually dont lead w/even strong draws unless I've also hit a piece of the flop. is this line too passive?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Consider bet/3-bet in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this in reference to pre-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, on the flop. Bet it, if you get raised, then poosh it.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am I strong enough to lead the flop here? I usually dont lead w/even strong draws unless I've also hit a piece of the flop. is this line too passive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey,
I think you need to change the way you think about this a little bit, because you have hit this flop in a major way, and if he always c-bets you may actually have the best hand with no improvement.

If your ace outs are good you are about a 55-45 to win this against KK (no hearts).

I definately like a bet-three bet line, except for one thing, at this low a level people are so bad that you are probably better to just check call until you make your hand and then try to stack him, because if he actually has a hand you probably take his stack, and if not, its cheaper, and if he keeps bluffing you win more than if you had raised him.