Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 01:48 PM

Default TheWorstPlayer * removal

anyone want to fess up to this? someone removed the * i gave him and restored his original title.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: TheWorstPlayer * removal

TWP posted in the change my title thread that he wanted a second star, so I gave it to him. NT! yelled at me, so I changed it back to one star. I suppose its possible that I accidentally deleted both stars, but I don't think I did. Of course, if I was actually trying to be malicious, I would have deleted his user note as well and I wouldn't have posted that I was screwing with his title in the first place, which I did in that thread.

That said, you should probably put the 2nd star back on. He was askin for it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2006, 02:28 PM

1. I didn't do it.

2. I hate the * system for established OOT'ers (such as RJ) and for strat posters who venture into OOT rarely (TWP), when it comes to very minor infractions. If they post content that is total crap, fine.

But, you guys need to stop being nits in alot of these situations. Maybe a pm warning such as:

"XXXX. Please note your post (link) violates OOT rules because of (give reason). We're cutting you slack because most of your posts are outside of OOT (or you are an established OOTer). This is your only warning. Please read posting guidelines. Future violations will put the * system in effect. Thanks, xxxx"

I've had numerous strat posters pm me since I've become a mod asking to remove the * that they received. Usually they don't know why they received it and usually they rarely post in OOT.

I know it's just an internet message board. But, 2p2 is a business as well. And I know for some people receiving a * lessens their experience here at 2p2.

--aj
Old 10-20-2006, 02:35 PM

the rules apply to everyone man. the rule is you can get rid of the star if you want to stay out of OOT.

as i said in the pittm thread in ATF, i am starting to PM users w/ explanation each time i give a *
Old 10-20-2006, 02:45 PM

OK, Daryn.

[ QUOTE ]

But, you guys need to stop being power hungry nits in alot of these situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

fmp.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:50 PM

aj,

you're not an OOT poster and you obviously don't understand how moderating that forum works. no offense intended, i don't moderate strat or gossip forums and i don't think i'd be any good at it either.

that said, we DO hold off on *ing obviously good posters. i hand out maybe a quarter of the punishments i could within the current OOT rules, and that's only on threads that i actually read.

the fact that there is a wide-open topic base combined with a huge retard quotient in OOT necessitates much more aggressive moderation. you will not see an effective mod in OOT that is not viewed as a fascist by some people. the trick is to keep the quality posters interested and let the dumb ones bitch and moan. it's more subjective in OOT than in a strat forum regarding who is actually a good poster, but in general i think we do a good job.

also, iron, i posted that warning before you changed TWP's title, and i was mostly joking anyway. i didn't notice that you actually changed it until later.

if you just deleted the contents of the title i'm pretty sure it would NOT revert to his automatic title, but i could be wrong.

NT
Old 10-20-2006, 04:08 PM

i like the *s

you can give me one or two if you like
Old 10-20-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like the *s

[/ QUOTE ]
No he can't. Mods cant alter other mods titles. And I imagine that trying to alter your title would cause an instameltdown of our computer.

Edit: I'd suggest he respond in this thread, but its not in OOT.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like the *s

[/ QUOTE ]

i was not able to accomplish this sir
Old 10-20-2006, 04:22 PM

should i make a stupid post in oot and then give myself a star? I'll be happy to do so.