Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Hotel Party Suggestions

I want to plan a big party for my 21st birthday and am leaning towards renting out a Penthouse Suite for the night.
However, I've never done this sorta thing so im unsure as to how many people would fit in the penthouse and how the hotel would feel about me hosting a party there.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where i can host ~50 person party in or around the San Francisco Area?

Im leaning toward the Bolero Penthouse @ Hotel Adagio
Suite Pics
Terrace Pics

Any Suggestions Would be appreciated!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Re: Hotel Party Suggestions

A penthouse should be able to hold 50, as long as it is one with 2 bedrooms and 2 living room type areas. Also, you might want to get a normal extra room. This comes in handy for storage and you can put people that have drank too much there to sleep so they don't get in the way. Happy 21!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:38 AM

I have no useful comments about the San Fran area, but I will say it entirely depends on what your friends are like. The handful of times I can remember off hand where we had parties of the same size at hotels we weren't exactly welcome back. In addition to that we did all of them at far less classy places because it was pretty obvious damages were going to happen.

You have to remember that it only takes one person deciding the wall needs a hole in it, the tv really belongs on the floor and the furniture looks better in the pool/over the balcony for [censored] to escalate.

If you have a very responsible group of friends that doesn't drink heavily then I guess in theory you could pull it off w/o any problems. In practice however...

Edit - Forgot to add that the damage fees hotels charge are much more than you might expect.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 AM

Something else you might want to consider is a lot of the nicer hotels require you to have a key, that you use in the elevator, to get the the floor with the suites. If you're constantly needing to go to the lobby to get your friends the clerk might catch on to what you're doing.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:15 AM

For the most part I'd say that my friends are *decently* responsibe. They can be pretty nuts when they're drunk but I don't think it's to the extent of putting holes in the wall.... Though I'll definately keep in mind not to invite anyone who might be capable of blowing up the room.

As for the Elevator Key-Card issue, I'm am a little worried that the lobby people might catch on if in fact it requires a keycard to access the penthouse. Should I ask them if they do ahead of time? Is that a little too obvious?

Im curious as to how other people have hosted big parties. I would normally do it at my house, but 50 people would be a disaster.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:20 AM

Dude,

Phoenix
Old 05-24-2007, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the most part I'd say that my friends are *decently* responsibe. They can be pretty nuts when they're drunk but I don't think it's to the extent of putting holes in the wall.... Though I'll definately keep in mind not to invite anyone who might be capable of blowing up the room.

As for the Elevator Key-Card issue, I'm am a little worried that the lobby people might catch on if in fact it requires a keycard to access the penthouse. Should I ask them if they do ahead of time? Is that a little too obvious?

Im curious as to how other people have hosted big parties. I would normally do it at my house, but 50 people would be a disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is if you're hosting a big party you really need to be friends with people who aren't that swift and don't see the problems inherent with hosting them. As junvenille as it may seem if you're throwing a big party where you expect things to be under any semblance of control then the party probably won't be any good anyway.

You pretty much have to decide whether or not you want a big party, or a controllable party. They're generally mutually exclusive unless you hired private security.