Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 04:42 AM

Default I screw myself with table talk

This is a live 20/40 3 handed with DeathDonkey and a guy that is a grinder who is a winner for sure in most live full games and definitely not a winner in this game. DD is playing super crazy but has shown down a decent amount of pairs. I have shown down not much but I have folded 1 pair once that I showed and he was bluffing and I think I've 3 barreled him a couple times with nothing/draw. This hand happened a while ago so action might be fairly wrong but I know that I checked the turn.

So button folds, I am sb with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raise, Chris 3bets I call.

Flop like 235 all clubs.
I c/r and call. I say "I have a pair and a flush draw". The action pf and flop might have been I raise pf he calls and then I bet flop and he raises. If this is the case does it make a difference what I should do on turn?

Turn is a picture of clubs and now I made a flush. I check because I said I had a pair and a flush draw and I'm afraid he'll fold almost always now without something pretty good which is probably not a likely holding given the 5 high flop.

I'm not used to actually hitting flush draws so I thought saying I had one would be harmless but then I somehow got there and felt I probably missed decent value bc I think he would probably call down with like any pair the way he is playing w/o my speech.

Anyway, he checks so my hand is obviously good like 300% and if he isn't drawing dead I'd be surprised because even after my speech I think he might not be able to help himself if he had a set or two pair here and he'd bet.

River is some random blank between a 7 and a J. c/r (looks like a retarded bluff I think and is likely to get called) or bet and hopefully he has pair?

Sorry for terrible grammar, really tired and just finished studying for final tomorrow when I randomly remembered this hand.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:18 AM

Default Re: I screw myself with table talk

It really depends on what you think he has. I dont think he would value bet anything but a flush here expecting you to pay off so if you think he is bluffing then I might go for the cr to get a bet in the pot and MAYBE he looks you up out of curiosity. Also, I gather that if he bet turn you wouldnt cr, so this is a creative way to possibily get that bet back.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: I screw myself with table talk

bet the turn pls