Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 12:50 AM

Default 10NL - small flop bet from short-stack in raised multi-way pot

I did not have active stats on the villain at the time the hand was played. He was playing fairly loose preflop but not getting ut of line postflop as far as I have seen.

I suspect his bet here is mostly flush draws, and occasionally a jack or small pp, and if he were deeper I am tempted to raise to about 1.50 or so, but here I feel like he'll probably just shove with any flush-draw+overcard so I gave it up. Too weak-tight? What's your line here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($10.15)
SB ($11.20)
BB ($8.60)
Hero ($9.70)
MP ($3.70)
CO ($2.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.65) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.2</font>, Button folds, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.65
Old 11-05-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: 10NL - small flop bet from short-stack in raised multi-way pot

I doubt he has a flush draw if he is loose passive, as a loose passive player seldom bets the draws... Ofcourse he could have a flushdraw here but more likely a 6 or some other low middle pair... He could even have a jack often when people hit a huge hand they bet small (not min) if he had bet min here I would have raised...

Well I suck so what do I know.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:17 AM

My read is only that he's loose preflop, not that he's super passive, so I don't think it's impossible for him to make a small probe bet with a draw, or at least you shouldn't conclude that from my read.

What I think makes the hand semi-interesting is that in many similar spots I would be raising his small bet because I think a lot of his range can't take much heat (draws and mid-pp), but since he's so short I believe my fold equity is much less. I'm 50/50 against Axs, and behind against any pair and almost drawing dead to trips, so without fold equity it seems like I can't make my normal raise. Calling seems to have bad RIO, so I folded. I'm just curious if anyone plays it differently.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:20 AM

cbet flop, call if co shoves. You will win the pot alot here as it's likely to have missed both players, but once co shoves you have to call because of your odds, your A/K will usually be good.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:34 AM

Thanks soldier. I guess i'll have to consider that more, c-betting into 3 players just seemed like a bad spot, although if ever I should this is a pretty decent board for it.

If the flop action goes 'BB checks, Hero bets 1.30, CO folds, Button calls 1.30, BB folds' how do you play a blank turn? Kc? Ts? I chose to have the button call just because I agree that if I bet and only CO calls I probably can't fold, but I don't know at that point that it's likely only the CO who wants to continue.