Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 09:05 AM

Default 22$: bubble against weak minraiser - lets get involved!

Villian is playing pretyy bad, and it quickly became apperant that he dosen't know a whole lot about optimal bubble strategy (missing pushes, minraising with stuff like Q7, and repushing with JT with 7-8 bb and no FE).
last couple of orbits he has minraised everything folded to him. He has a really hard time folding ANYTHING preflop, but seems to slow down post flop is he dosen't hit.
Here is the hand in question:

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB (t2855)
Hero (t3730)
UTG (t4620)
Button (t2295)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], J[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]].
[color=Gray]1 fold</font>, [color=Red]Button raises to t600</font>, [color=Gray]1 fold</font>, Hero calls t300.

Flop: (t1350) 3[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]], A[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]], 2[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]Hero bets t600</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: t1950

I think that pf is really standard against this kind of opponent, I am more interersted in how to proceed on the flop. My plan was to pretty much bet out 600 on almost any flop, hoping to maximize my FE against him while still being able to fold if he shoves and have a avg. stack

Do you like the flopbet on this board, and what textures should I deviate from my c-bet plan?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: 22$: bubble against weak minraiser - lets get involved!

i like it

if you have more face-cards on the board - something like KQ8 or AQ2 i would proceed more cautiously.
This flop is a good one for a cbet, cause villain has to fold if he has no ace in any case - so i like it.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:25 AM

fold pre. why are you playing huge pots against idiots with those cards lol. just wait for a better spot or better yet wait for villain to self destruct. as played tho i would check fold this flop as Arag is a huge part of his opening range. if i were to cbet i would probably only cbet uncoordinated flops with only one paint.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Fold preflop, you have 12bbs calling this raise is terrible unless you are planning on shoving any flop (not with j10 though). You need to either fold or push. However after villain has committed 30% of his stack I doubt hes folding to a push.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:27 AM

Looks OK. I think it's a decent move when they can't fold preflop - the only other option is to constantly fold your BB to a loose minraiser because you have no FE, even though you know he has sweet FA.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold pre. why are you playing huge pots against idiots with those cards lol. just wait for a better spot

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting 3 to 1 on the call. You're 2 to 1 to pair. You think most of his range is Ax? Well, AJ and AT aren't much of that, so C/Ring allin when you do pair is going to pay, and you can bluff safe flops. (Of course, if the guy is minraising everything folded to him, Ax is not a big part of his range.)

I don't know what better spot you think you're getting but you've solved a mystery for me. On the bubble, I often see this position, where a small, but not tiny, stack steals the blinds continuously, and the big, but not massive, stack lets him, and I'm crying tears of frustration at my screen, asking "why doesn't that pussy call the [censored] minraise?" You guys are folding hands as good as JT! So now I know.