Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 04:00 AM

Default What\'s the future of Poker?

I been playing poker for a living for over 3 yrs+ But I believe poker isn't what it used to be. More and more players learning the game, games are getting harder and it's much harder to make $$$$.

You can make ok $$$$ ant 2/4NL but anything above 3/6NL is unbelievable. Tables filled with regulars and trying to beat occasional fish.

My win rate at 2/4NL is 2.89BB/100 on PS used to be 3.4BB/100 last yr.

All those stories about 250k+ winnings happens to 1-100000 players.

So I'm wondering how do you guys feel. Is it worth it to place so much effort for 8000$+ monthly salary when sometimes it might be so depressing and boring.

At 25/50NL i believe only 3 out of 10 players are long term winners. Other 7 lossing because they can't beat players or they don't have enough edge to beat the rake.

Take a look at this pic this is INSANE!!!!!!

How can you make $$$$ here?

I mean at 2/4NL you can find 25%+ tables so you can make $$$ from the players who playing Q10 KJ off and so on UTG and at least you have some edge.

It makes me sick watch 25/50NL knowing that I might never get their because it's filled with regulars and even I will make their and make some $$$$ it will be so stressfull and depressing to play when you get cold streak of cards.

You basicly can't make any mistakes. At lower limits you might make mistakes but your opponents make even more. Ocassionally you get some shorstack push all in when you have AA or some guy calls pot size bets till river with a draw and so on.

Discuss
Old 03-29-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Re: What\'s the future of Poker?

THIS IS NEWS!
Old 03-29-2007, 04:06 AM

Its over, stop playing.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:07 AM

The way I feel about the current poker economy is that party poker was a huge bust. We lost many many fishies(party out# all other sites). All the good American players came over to PS FT ect diluting the fish pool. The party poker fishes mostly assumed poker was banned(i have talked to some of them). This whole problem was compounded by the closing of neteller. This all amounts to a huge poker recession. I think it will be much better in a few moths when the weaker shars die off.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:25 AM

solution; move out of the US and play on party.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody knows that 80% of fishes was from US!!! Party is dead now. Let's hope they will make poker legal in Asia someday. But thats probably in 5 yrs+
Old 03-29-2007, 04:34 AM

Watch out OP, you are in the wrong forum if you hope for a lot of high quality and serious responses.

It seems to me that the minute the legislation was enforced the results were quite obvious and predictable: good American players would make the effort to keep money online and play; bad American players would never be bothered with the hassle after they bust their accounts.

There is still a lot of bad European and Australlian fish outthere. And they increase in number on a yearly basis. Online poker doesn't seem to be dead just yet.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody knows that 80% of fishes was from US!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The fish that were lost have been replaced by even fishier Euros.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Watch out OP, you are in the wrong forum if you hope for a lot of high quality and serious responses.

It seems to me that the minute the legislation was enforced the results were quite obvious and predictable: good American players would make the effort to keep money online and play; bad American players would never be bothered with the hassle after they bust their accounts.

There is still a lot of bad European and Australlian fish outthere. And they increase in number on a yearly basis. Online poker doesn't seem to be dead just yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Ill pots my winnings graph to be a brag [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2007, 04:55 AM

winning graph lolu said u play 2/4 this isn't [censored].