Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 10:05 PM

Default poker is hard

table is new, but very loose and pots have been big big biggo.

players still relatively unknown, but someone's tilting somewhere pretty hard.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Guruman is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Guruman calls <font color="aaaaaa">(7.33333333333:1.5)</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (12SB, 6 players)
Guruman checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Guruman calls <font color="aaaaaa">(15:2)</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9BB, 3 players)
Guruman checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Guruman 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 caps</font>, CO folds, Guruman calls <font color="aaaaaa">(18:1)</font>.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (19BB, 2 players)
Guruman shrugs.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: poker is hard

[ QUOTE ]
players still relatively unknown, but someone's tilting somewhere pretty hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean other than you?

PF, i don't mind a call, it's close.

Flop, easy fold.

Turn, easy fold

River, I guess you have to call now.

It's amazing to me you've played for 3 years and still butcher hands this badly.

Even if the UTG is tilting, this is a flop fold.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:16 PM

I fold pf in the 1/3 structure. Fold flop with the ass end of the gutshot. You also have no idea when the raising is going to stop. I have no idea what to do from the turn onwards, but this couldve been avoided.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:19 PM

fold preflop
fold flop
fold turn
Old 02-01-2007, 10:21 PM

TheHip, always lookin out for a brutha. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

pf - i wanted to fold but felt like there was too much table tilt going on to not take a look.

flop - hated calling. hated folding. added bd draw to my hand and sipped tequila. (good tequila!)

turn - are you saying fold to the co raise? surely not. given that, should I have just bet out instead?

river went check, check
Old 02-01-2007, 10:37 PM

pfs close in a 1/3 structure. I call w/o thinking in 1/2. Ur expecting BB to almost always call and both limpers to always call and rarely 3bet so ur odds are ok here.

On the flop ur gutters dirty obviously and ur A has lots of reverse implied odds. The bdfd isnt making up for it enuff to call only getting 7:1 with I'll give u 3-4 outs. Ur also not closing the action with a potential ck 3bettor cutting in on ur odds.

Too bad the turn wasnt the 3s so thered be nothing to think about. Ur 3bet is really bad though, UTG donking this card makes me think ur splitting or drawing dead to a split on the board pretty often.

Granted he could donk a weak pair as a bluff to get CO to fold an overpair, 2 pair, a pair w/ a bdfd, a set ect and CO probably doesn't have a hand with a 7 in it and is making a frustrated raise in a big pot facing a turn donk. For these reasons I probably call the turn unlike most and see what happens. I really dont know why ud 3bet though and potentially lose the CO who's likely drawing dead(and if hes not, hes not folding and ur not making him make any mistakes).
Old 02-02-2007, 12:52 AM

1. preflop is a little loose but not too bad.
2. Flop is definitely loose and you may be drawing to runner runner flush at this point.
3. Turn is total spewing, someone has pocket 7's, A7 or better.
4. River fold please!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:22 AM

Preflop is fine IMO. If BB calls you get 31:5 if he folds you get 28:5. If someone raises behind you, that sucks but it wont happen that often. Everything above 5:1 with huge implied odds is more than enough for Axs IMO.

I am folding that flop for the reasons jstill mentioned. The A outs are dirty and so are the gutter outs. You are not closing the action and it may end up getting capped. IMO that is a bad call.

The turn is closer, but not close really, if I am not very sure that someone is tilting I am letting my hand go. The logic behind the 3-bet/fold line on a tilty table is unclear to me.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Guruman checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Guruman spEWWWWWWWWWWWWs</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-02-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Guruman checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Guruman spEWWWWWWWWWWWWs</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold all streets, but call river...