Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 06:23 AM

Default NL100 KJ misses SD, hows my bluff on the river?

Not much on villian besides I saw him try to make a call with bottom pair in a pretty big pot on my 2nd hand on the table, doesnt seem like a great player.
This is about 20 hands in.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $155.1
BB: $122.35
Hero (UTG): $101.40
MP: $168.80
CO: $172.40
BTN: $98.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.5, 6 players)
Hero calls $1, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $4.50</font>, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $3.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($10.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $12

<font color="blue">Villian sat there and almost let his timer run out then raised, I thought this was either weakness or strength but most likely weakness.</font>

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($46.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $22</font>, CO calls $22

<font color="blue">Again his timer almost ran out before he called. I defenitly took that as weakness.</font>

<font color="black">River:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($90.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $50</font>

<font color="blue">I put Villian on 99 or JJ here who didnt believe me, I figured even if he thought I had a 10, I just got there.
What do you think of bluffing here, and also the size of my bet?</font>
Old 02-20-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Re: NL100 KJ misses SD, hows my bluff on the river?

I hate pretty much everything about this hand, no offense. I hate the limp/call a rr preflop. I hate donking the flop/calling a raise. I hate donking the turn for less than half pot. And I hate the river bet against a guy who you mentioned called down with bottom pair in a big pot earlier.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2007, 07:00 AM

Why do you limp UTG?

I just c/c flop.

I don't like your turnplay and riverplay. You just said he made a big call in an earlier pot. Why try to get him lay down what is most likely a Q?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:14 AM

yeh, basically wat bombay said... fold preflop, if u realllly want to play it, atleast raise coz limping sux. c/c flop is way better. I dont really like turn, board hasnt changed that much and u only bet half pot so ur not folding out many hands that raise the flop.

I'd just give up by river, once again his most likely hand is a Q, and i doubt he's folding. You also said he called down with bottom pair in a big pot earlier, and now u expect him to fold 99/JJ? doesnt really make sense. The only hand ur folding here is a flushdraw, and a $25 bet could do this, although flushdraw is a pretty small part of his range so i think this is a pretty bad spot to bluff
Old 02-20-2007, 07:28 AM

the thing that bothers me most about the way you played this hand is this:

you bet flop to disguise your hand/possibly get him to fold correct? and im assuming your turn play was meant to be some kind of blocker, becaue he sure as hell isnt folding any made hand to that weak excuse for a bet, and even better draws are calling you there.

but then you fire again on the river for ~1/2 pot expecting him to fold???
....now if you had hit on the river were you going to make the same bet hoping to get paid off, rather than have villain fold?
i dont think you planned the hand very well and i think there are better/more effective ways to ways to see a cheap river and extract some value when you hit.

i wont comment on pf play other than to say limping shouldnt be your standard play there.

as played, i ch/r that flop a lot, and then check turn if i miss hoping he checks behind. i give up if he pots the turn, maybe call if he bets really small.

if i hit on the turn, i sometimes lead, sometimes go for another ch/r
Old 02-20-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing that bothers me most about the way you played this hand is this:

you bet flop to disguise your hand/possibly get him to fold correct? and im assuming your turn play was meant to be some kind of blocker, becaue he sure as hell isnt folding any made hand to that weak excuse for a bet, and even better draws are calling you there.

but then you fire again on the river for ~1/2 pot expecting him to fold???
....now if you had hit on the river were you going to make the same bet hoping to get paid off, rather than have villain fold?
i dont think you planned the hand very well and i think there are better/more effective ways to ways to see a cheap river and extract some value when you hit.

i wont comment on pf play other than to say limping shouldnt be your standard play there.

as played, i ch/r that flop a lot, and then check turn if i miss hoping he checks behind. i give up if he pots the turn, maybe call if he bets really small.

if i hit on the turn, i sometimes lead, sometimes go for another ch/r

[/ QUOTE ]

Critisism is appreciated actually, I thought I played this hand bad and I posted it to get critised to be honest, I didnt see me getting any good responses, but just so you guys do know I am being honest about not meaning to limp, I am not limping with almost anything UTG, I dont even go for the limp reraise very often with AA/AK/KK
Old 02-20-2007, 04:05 PM

C3 has the rights of it, Well said sir.

I don't mind the blocking bet, but i also check turn alot here, and occasionally c/r AI on turn against good players who i've seen float flop or be to aggressive with marginal hands but are still capable of laying a hand down.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:31 AM

What they said. I think your line represents a draw and you say villain is capable of making calls with weaker pairs so it's a no-no for me. The only better hand you could fold is the nut flush draw but I doubt that makes up for the times we get owned by better hands.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:35 PM

I didnt mean to limp preflop btw. I didnt think this hand was very good thats why I posted it, I felt like I got lucky that he actually folded. I didnt post this cause I was gonna get responses of a good hand, just wanted to say what people would do differently.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:29 AM

every street is brutal