Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:46 AM

Default closing aciton on flop by betting MPNK leads to c/r

No real reads on villain. The only note I have for him is:

limps w AA, smooth calls flop, raises turn UI $0.50/$1 FR

His stats are 14/6/2.1

UTG limps. All folds to me in CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I limp. SB completes. BB checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Three checks to me, so I bet my middle pair. SB raises. Folded back to me. I called, though I'm thinking I probably should have folded. The only reason I call here is with the possibility that SB is overplaying a flush draw.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets. I fold.

How would you have played this one? Should I have limped in CO with T9s? Should I have bet my middle pair after all the checks? Should I have folded to the raise? Or should I have stuck around longer with my middle pair?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: closing aciton on flop by betting MPNK leads to c/r

I think preflop is a close decision but you cann call. The flop bet is fine when everybody checks and shows weakness. When SB raises I call and hope to improve to 2 pair or trips. When the turn doesn't help i just fold as you did. All in all I think the hand was played well.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 AM

to answer your questions, i think yes, yes, maybe, and no. as you said, once the turn comes you're not beating anything really except a crazy bluff which doesn't seem like this guy's style, so i like the fold.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How would you have played this one? Should I have limped in CO with T9s? Should I have bet my middle pair after all the checks? Should I have folded to the raise? Or should I have stuck around longer with my middle pair?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would have folded preflop without reads on the players left to act. If players left to act where loose and passive preflop then I'd be more inclined to play but anyway since you played I would have bet the flop when they check it to me.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 AM

I think pf is close between all three options. I'd bet the flop and fold to the cr, but if I did call I'd certainly fold that turn.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:15 AM

After the CR we are getting 7:1. I think I take those odds in position and call. I fold blank turn.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:00 AM

T9s is a better multiway hand, so I generally like more limpers in before I limp it on the CO. If you had a good read that button, SB and BB are loose passive, a limp is fine here.

I think you have to bet the flop once checked to you. You have the possibility of winning right there or improving your winning chances. You do not give any free cards to the KQJs out there that could outdraw you.

Once check-raised, you're getting 7:1. With discounted outs you probably need a little more than that, but it's okay to make the occassional loose call. This turn is a no-brainer fold.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 AM

*Grunch

I would have definatly folded the raise. You are dominated by so many likely hands here its not funny.

Benno
Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*Grunch

I would have definatly folded the raise. You are dominated by so many likely hands here its not funny.

Benno

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I think folding is betting than calling.