Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 09:18 PM

Default NEW tehDiceman video from July 30th

check for some leaks, there were a few interesting hands that i would like comment on.

http://indystars.org/public/poker/5NL_July_30.avi

now that this video is out in the open, playing poker instead of watching this video is -ev. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: NEW tehDiceman video from July 30th

Thanks dice for taking the time. I suspect you will be moving up to the higher games pretty soon as you seem to have a solid grasp of the game.

I did notice the KTo hand and a villian posted from MP and you were in the CO. You raised and got repopped from the blind. On this hand I hate KTo because when you get reraised you can't take a flop and you made the correct play by folding it (IMO maybe others suggest different). Im thinking wait for a hand that allows you to take a flop with if you get reraised. Hands like KJ/KT/AJ/AT/A9 all suck when you get reraised. I think folding this hand right from the start is better and wait for a better spot.

What do you guys think? Im the nittiest player on uNL so maybe I need some work in this area. I thought this hand would provide some interesting feedback for my game.

I have more to watch and I will post anything else that may generate more help for others like myself who are trying to get going with 6max.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:10 PM

Can I save this? I would like to comment once my session is completed...
Old 08-03-2007, 10:50 PM

Was just watching the A8 hand and the 77 hand. You should raise those donk bets all day. You likely have the best hand and these are hands that don't want to see many turn cards. Notice when the flop comes rags they donk-bet into you trying to take it away, they do this with such a wide range that most flop textures should warrent a raise.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:56 PM

you can save it by right clicking and save as.
thanks for doing a vid dice.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:57 PM

Raising the donk bets is an aspect of my game that hasn't even begun to get started on. I will look a bit deeper at these situations starting next session.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:36 PM

the reason i dont always raise donk bets anymore is because for a while, i religiously raised donkbets everytime and it became spew as i was getting reraised and called all day long. i think that it is something that we need to do, sometimes with air or marginal hands, but i also think that you cant really take full advantage of it at the lowest of limits because of how weak/passive/callingstation the villians are.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:33 PM

I'm watching your video now, thanks for making one.

One thing I noticed is that you're c-betting too often. In multiway pots I am more inclined to check/fold when I miss (oop). You'll be called down far too often putting yourself in marginal spots.

I raise donkbets when there aren't opponents behind me left to act, the players really are passive enough to make it extremely profitable. It's good to make notes on who folds, calls, and raises these donkraises though.

In the blinds, I raise up hands like AJ and KQ when limped to, as well as all pocket pairs. At 5NL where the players are exceptionally passive, its easy to take down the pot preflop or on the flop.

Also I tend to make my cbets 3/4 the pot or so, but since you're pretty tight your sizing should be fine. Other than that it looks pretty good, you shouldn't have to change much about your play until you move up much higher.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:33 PM

excellent comments, i will try to put them into action this week and see how it goes.

i've always cbet this much, even when i was at 2NL. i just hate to check/fold if i miss, especially OOP since we are in a raised pot and typically if i check i get bet into, even on junk unconnected flops. its almost like they can see my cards and know i missed when im not the flop aggressor.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I did notice the KTo hand and a villian posted from MP and you were in the CO. You raised and got repopped from the blind. On this hand I hate KTo because when you get reraised you can't take a flop and you made the correct play by folding it (IMO maybe others suggest different). Im thinking wait for a hand that allows you to take a flop with if you get reraised. Hands like KJ/KT/AJ/AT/A9 all suck when you get reraised. I think folding this hand right from the start is better and wait for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have not downloaded the video yet, I will when I get home, but I completely disagree with this.

Make sure I understand the hand correctly first.
Your in the CO with KTo.
Somone post from mp
You raise, BB three bets, both players fold.

Correct?
Folding these hands right here because there is a POSSIBILITY that you will get raised is weak and passive. These are great hands to isolate someone limping in from MP and great hands to try to steal the blinds with. Folding in position with a hand that is good enough to isolate with and punish limpers is retarded.