Hero (t1265)
UTG+1 (t595)
MP1 (t1100)
MP2 (t725)
CO (t1255)
Button (t1605)
SB (t655)
BB (t800)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to t75</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, CO calls t75, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t175) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t90</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t180</font>, Hero calls t90

Turn: (t535) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets t150</font>, Hero calls t150

River: (t835) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t860 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>
Old 01-14-2006, 01:53 AM

Default Re: (10)AK playing poker

Does it help if I mention the fact I felt as though I had a reasonable read. I was fairly certin if I had shown any aggression he was walking away from this hand. I have the villian on another table as well.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:53 AM

Well, you put him to the test. The only hands it seems remotely reasonable to put you on are AdKd, JJ, and trash. If I were villain holding KQ, say, which I think he probably had, I think 2:1 would be enough temptation to call down the weird push.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:54 AM

What's more interesting is how villain stunk up this hand.

Flight_Risk
Old 01-14-2006, 02:14 AM

I like the PF raise to 75 OOP. However, I think the rest is pretty bad. Almost all of my bets on the flop are the size of the pot (maybe a little more, maybe a little less) but not often around the size you are betting unless I min-bet steal from a short stack.

I think if you bet more on the flop you take this one down right away. It looks to me like your weak bet got you some action, but by the river the villian figured you have to have one of those high cards (if he put you on diamonds he is nuts).

Anyhow, if you bet the size of the pot and get called or raised, it's pretty easy to get away from this hand U/I.

Sherman
Old 01-14-2006, 03:42 AM

I think my overall reasonings for pushing the River was his weak bet on the turn, dropping a scare card on 5th.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost all of my bets on the flop are the size of the pot (maybe a little more, maybe a little less).

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not picking you, I only mentioning this because I've seen this a couple times in the last week. I think that pot size CBs are a huge leak. There is a reason why 1/2 pot size CBs are standard and that is too balance a large enough bet to put pressure on the villian while still providing proper odds to take down the pot. The villian is min-raising the flop either way to see if his TT is good.