Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Flash troubles.

I'm inserting flash movie (swf) into my source using dreamweaver and I cannot get it to show up on my website for the life of me. It will show up when I "preview in browser" but nothing on the inanet.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Flash troubles.

Try something like this:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>&lt;td width="775" align="center" valign="top" bgcolor="BDC2BB" style="padding-top:5px "&gt;
&lt;object classid="clsid:E38DEC7F-BF7E-22de-17D9-556664750000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="766" height="590"&gt;
&lt;param name="movie" value="main.swf"&gt;
&lt;param name="quality" value="high"&gt;
&lt;embed src="example.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="766" height="590"&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;
&lt;/object&gt;&lt;/td&gt; </pre><hr />
Make sure the style.css and swf are in the same folder of your html, but I'm sure you already knew that.

You should also check out Adobe.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Flash troubles.

Yes thats what my code said in dreamweaver and it showed up fine when I went to view it from the folder on my computer but not when I published it. I somehow got it to work by putting a scripts folder onto my site?? Anyone know if this is needed for flash or did I just get lucky?
Edit: Actually no it didn't it had the &lt;script&gt; "what that said" &lt;/script&gt;