Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Necessary fundamentals

Hi everyone -

I am a semi-experienced poker player (5 years or so) and began reading books about a year ago to improve my game. I mostly play NL, but sometimes head to the local card room for some 2-4 or 3-6. Last time I played anything besides hold em was years ago at a home poker party - the kind where the dealer calls the game and you play games like anaconda and auction.

For some reason, the idea of reading a poker book never really occurred to me until recently. I now own many 2+2 books and I have enjoyed reading them all. I feel like I have learned a lot recently, and my results have improved at the tables as well!

There has been a lot of talk, both from players I've met and on the Internet, about Brunson's "Super System" being an absolutely essential poker book to read. I consider TOP one of the finest books I've ever read, and I am constantly re-reading it to fully absorb its contents. I have heard that TOP is considered in the same class as Brunson's SS - essential.

I know this is a 2+2 forum, so please forgive me, but can someone tell me whether it would be best to read SS or SS2? What is the difference between them? Is SS2 a sequel or a revision?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--Rock
Old 08-25-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Necessary fundamentals

Haven't read SS2 but know that the NL Hold 'em section is the same as SS1.

Plus, SS2 is available online for free at Doyle's Room. Don't have the address, but do a search on this board and you should find it.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Necessary fundamentals

Please use the search function in the future.

Here's a very similar thread from not long ago. Enjoy.
Closed Thread