Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Buying a domain name

Let's say I am pretty sure I have a good idea for an Internet business. I've thought up 6 or 7 reasonable URL's that would fit what I want to do but they are all registered by someone. None of the addresses have real websites bt someone owns them. What so you think a reasonable offer would be?

Note: I am not going to tell anyone anything about my business idea or the site names I am considering because I think my idea is so good someone will steal it if I do.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Buying a domain name

it depends on the name www.money.com would fetch a hell of a lot more than www.moneyyyyyyiloveit.com

Offer them $20 and wait for their counter offer.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:21 PM

Like I said the name is good enough to be thought of and pirchased by someone, but not good enough that it has a running site other than ads. It is two commmon words put together. I sent an email through the whois privacy service indicating that I would like to buy, but did not get a response.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:55 PM

Have some of the domain registrars try to make an offer on your behalf. The valuation of the domain obviously depends on the domain name. If they are using it for pay per click income then they might sell it for a multiple of the monthly income generated. Just because there isn't a full website doesn't mean its not making money.