Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 PM

Default FTP 6 max games

is it just me or the raise the turn for a free showdown endemic in these games. it does not seem like it happens much at all in the stars games, but is like the ftp players just can't help themeselves. is this the general consensus or is it just me?
dave
Old 09-23-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: FTP 6 max games

Just start 3betting them with draws on the turn like it's going out of style. "exploitable" seems to be the buzz word this week and the reason free showdown raises are not a great play is because they are very exploitable.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:11 PM

yeah i mean i know what to do, i am just very suprised, this is a play that i thought was kinda out of style, i certainly have not see it much recently. i was also woundering if it was something people have seen a lot bc that would mean it is not just me, if it is that is indicitive of something in my play which is nice to know.
dave
Old 09-23-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just start 3betting them with draws on the turn like it's going out of style. "exploitable" seems to be the buzz word this week and the reason free showdown raises are not a great play is because they are very exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

tried 3-balling with draws on suspected FSD raises this weekend, once villain folded on the turn, and the other they folded to a river bet. Both hands I don't think I could have called down after the turn raise and been +EV. Note the players that do this because they become exploitable.

often these players will be susceptible to a bluff raise on the river or turn as well. They tend to b/f quite a bit.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:11 AM

yeah, the reason no 1 raises for free sd anymore is cus we picked up on it and adjusted.. now no 1 does it anymore... but if they do, just go back to pwning them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, the reason no 1 raises for free sd anymore is cus we picked up on it and adjusted.. now no 1 does it anymore... but if they do, just go back to pwning them

[/ QUOTE ]

um.... no.

FSD is a SNAP! play!

It cannot be pwned. 3betting all turn raises w draws however...

is not a SNAP! play.

JT