Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Should I fold somewhere before the river?

PokerStars 1/2 Omaha/8 (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 4, K, A, K.
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8, 4, 5 [color=#0000FF](5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, [color=#CC3333]MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 7 [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) Q [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Game has been uber tight, I raise trying to narrow the field and get 4 callers [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. I'm thinking I can probably make it 2bets on the river and quarter the nut lows. Am I doing something wrong in the converter? What is this color=#666666
Old 05-24-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Should I fold somewhere before the river?

I'm not sure why you didn't bet the flop.. over pair + nut flush draw??? With 4 players coming all the way to the river, it would be tough to lay down on the turn, however, a hand with a scoop on the turn is quite likely, and with 4 players in, it is likely your flushs out are reduced as well. Maybe the number crunchers can give you hard #'s, but I think the turn is marginal since you are getting just better than 10:1 for 1/2 of the pot, though calling there on the turn is not awful.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:28 AM

You could fold the turn. It's very close though. The implied odds if you make the nut flush might make it a call.

I think I would bet the flop too, not so much for value (because your equity probably isn't that great with the low out) but to help try and figure out whether my KK still has any high potential.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You could fold the turn. It's very close though. The implied odds if you make the nut flush might make it a call.

I think I would bet the flop too, not so much for value (because your equity probably isn't that great with the low out) but to help try and figure out whether my KK still has any high potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bet the flop and get raised how would you know if its nut low or a straight or set? I checked on the flop with the intention of mucking if the action is too hot. That could indicate that someone has nlow with a set or two spades or straight.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:34 PM

I wouldn't expect someone holding just the nut low to raise here, given the preflop action. But you're right I guess; a raise could mean a lot of things and wouldn't really give a clear indication of how many outs you had left to make a high.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:59 PM

Check fold flop and turn, unless there's a donkbet on turn.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:36 PM

You are likely drawing for half the pot. Peeling off a card on the flop isn't too bad, but I would check/fold turn.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:35 AM

Why does everyone want to c/f turn especially closing action?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:08 AM

I think its very close call on turn but I should probably lean towards folding. It turns out one of the villians had A278 which kills two spade outs.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:57 AM

betting the flop prolly will never give you any information, but at worst it's marginal and a few good things can happen like ppl folding lows or pairs/2pairs (or turned/rivered 2 pairs)...

...if you ck/raise sometimes with low and strong high (made/draw) then ck/call isn't so bad