Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 04:29 PM

Default $6.5 KK hand on a very wet board.

Basically no reads so.. use logic [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1500)
Hero (t1600)
MP1 (t1470)
MP2 (t1990)
MP3 (t1550)
CO (t1440)
Button (t960)
SB (t1440)
BB (t1550)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, CO calls t60, Button calls t60, SB calls t50, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t260) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t120</font>, CO calls t120, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

Turn: (t500) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t320</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t700</font>, <font color="red">Hero ....

and yes i know, bet more on flop (like 180-200)
Old 06-02-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: $6.5 KK hand on a very wet board.

I'd raise to 80 preflop, especially in a low stakes sng.

Pot the flop or even overbet it a bit. This flop stinks 4-way.

As played, I can't imagine folding a big overpair in $6.5, so I'd push the turn. You are probably 50/50 but there is a huge overlay.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:39 PM

Make it 80 pf and bet close to pot atleast on the flop. Then get it in as soon as possible.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:43 PM

I like how you guys are like omg KK shove it in.

And yes I could make it 80 pf and more on flop but w/e. That's not the point of this hand.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:45 PM

My point is in sngs I almost never fold KK, especially not on this board, and am betting bigger the whole way.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And yes I could make it 80 pf and more on flop but w/e. That's not the point of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point of the hand is you misplayed it preflop, really misplayed on the flop (you even seem to know it...), and then don't know what to do on the turn. And yes, I would be saying OMG I have KK because in a $6.5 tourney you have a great a chance to double or triple up if you play it right.

You are playing KK in a way such that you will not stack anyone too often but have a good chance of getting stacked yourself. Not good.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:00 PM

id make it 100 PF in a 6.5.
bet 250 on the flop with that many callers.
it sucks but you have to push that turn
Old 06-02-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point of the hand is you misplayed it preflop, really misplayed on the flop (you even seem to know it...), and then don't know what to do on the turn. And yes, I would be saying OMG I have KK because in a $6.5 tourney you have a great a chance to double or triple up if you play it right.

You are playing KK in a way such that you will not stack anyone too often but have a good chance of getting stacked yourself. Not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, k.

The difference between 60-80 = w/e.

Flop is true, I should have made it 180-200 but w/e, cant unchange past, plus on a flop like this with 3 other preflop callers, it's likely its hit someone else hard also so why not reduce the amount of chips going in. I mean, KK on this board isnt the greatest. You're usually 60/40 (86/76/65), 50/50 (Flush draw with 1 over or pair + flush draw), or way behind (2 pair/straight).

Since 6.5 people are easy to read most of the time, you can get away from hands that you think you're beat on without losing that many chips. Most 6.5 players call this flop with a draw and raise 2pair or better.

I also like how you guys are evaluating preflop and flop play when that's not what I asked at all. You guys are like omg more pf and flop so we can put it in on a 50/50 or worse.

Seriously, no hand reading advise on this hand which is what I asked for.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:23 PM

I think the point of these replies is that you have NO easy reads because you played it so poor on pre and post flop.

Threads like this piss me off, its like ok I need advice and then when you get it the OP is like WTF I have skills. The only way that you can improve is to be a little more open rather then mock the replies.

As played push but you put yourself in too tough of a situation to give you any great reads.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:27 PM

what hand reading advice? play for stacks on this hand