Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 01:51 AM

Default NL25 - Should I ever fold TT preflop to a re-raise?

Villain is 12/8/0.9 after 100+ hands

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $23.30
BB: $70.25
Hero (UTG): $24.75
MP: $20.44
CO: $23.30
BTN: $31.57

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, MP calls $1.00, <font color="red">CO raises to $4.00</font>, 5 folds

Pot Size: $6.35

Looked like it would be tough to play tens against that kind of villain without flopping a set. Should I have called?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: NL25 - Should I ever fold TT preflop to a re-raise?

It depends.If he have 1010 JJ QQ KK AA AK always here just fold or u can call and try to bluff him if he had any pair if an ace come or get paid if a 10 come.But its tricky and risky cuz he can have AQ AK but i dont know villain.All tight players dont play the same.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:57 AM

Villain seems kind of passive postflop (especially for someone so tight), so I think I would call and then fold if he c-bet.

I think that that plan, along with your chances of spiking a set and stacking a better PP, is probably enough to make up for being OOP and a likely dog to Villain's 3-betting range. Or at least maybe it is once we take into account that the pot isn't empty.

That said, the plan I just mentioned sucks if Villain in fact plans to c-bet AK unimproved despite his passive-looking stats. So I don't hate the fold or anything.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:00 AM

What about trying to bluff him off JJ QQ KK if an ace come? That increase our chance to win the pot in general.I seriously consider shoving an ace high flop ( except AKQ AKJ AQJ ) but the real problem is if the flop come 268 then i bet 1-2 pot and fold to shove.If he got AA or AK im dead with my bluff.I dont bluff if i think he raise pf with AQ.

Its always a tricky spot.If u dont feel confortable just fold.