Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Legends of Poker Main Event Trip Report!! go chuddo!

So I haven’t played a tournament in a couple months, last event I played was wsop main event. Anyways, I was super excited about this tournament as I have been working on my mtt game quite a bit lately, so I was going into this tourney with lots of confidence and a bit of swagger.

Anyways, I pull up a pretty decent first table, didn’t recognize a single person, and most everyone seemed pretty bad except for the guy on my immediate right, though he was pretty nitty so I wasn’t too worried. anyways started with 20k chips, and I managed to get down to 8k after the first level. Needless to say I wasn’t very happy. Its amazing how many sets and 2 pair people can flop. Nothing really cool happened I just managed to bleed off chips with overpairs when ppl flop the NUTS. also, irv gotta was sitting at my table for a while, he played pretty decent, didnt do anything retarded. some idiot guy kept asking him questions and act like he was buddies with him. was kinda funny. he also had a super pimp watch. i wanted to make some irv gotti jokes but i didnt wanna get shot.

My table breaks somewhere towards the end of the second level, and since I couldn’t get anything going there I was ready for a fresh start. Comes up to the new table, and I start out very aggro, playing lots of pots, and picking up tons of blinds and antes. My table was probably the best possible table draw in the history of the world, so onto the hands.

I doubled up a shortie at 200-400 with KJ vs his QQ when he shoved like 4k total over my open, so was down to about 16k when this hand happened.. blinds just went up to 300-600, so utg+1 I open to 1625 with K5cc. BB calls, and people comment on how I open every hand, and 1625 is my cool new number. I reply with the standard yea, im getting lots of good hands etc etc type response. Anyways, flop comes down Qs 5h 3s. goofy monkey guy leads out for 1625 and start making funny faces at me. I call. Turn comes down 3d, so Qs 5h 3s 3d. he bets out 3500 pretty quick. I think for a bit and decide to call again. He just didn’t seem the type to ever lead with a queen on the flop and follow up on the turn. River comes down a beautiful Ad, for Qs 5h 3s 3d Ad. He instabets out 10k, and im shouting ship it in my head, but take my time to act like im thinking. I end up calling leaving myself a healthy 600 chips and he mucks and says nice call. I flip up the K5 and the table goes nuts. Goofy guy rants for the next hour and a half about how I put my tourney life on the line with bottom pair. I say I went with my gut. Yay for good calls

So yea, up to 33k or so feeling pretty solid. Few hands later, utg+1 pick up a monster, 7d8d, and juice it up to 1625. nitty weird guy 2 to my left (is kinda tilty) calls, and it folds around. Hes about 13k deep. (This guy open folded AJ in the bb to a cutoff raise. He folded and showed AJ in the bb.. to a cutoff raise.. yeah) flop comes down Th 7h 6d. I think for a bit and check, he INSTA fires out 3k, so I think for about 20 seconds and shove in. he snap calls KTcc and I brick off, so gg some chips. Meh. Pretty standard I think.

So I play a few pots, raise a lot, stack is at around 25k or so, so not in terrible shape but by no means looking good. 400-800/100 2 limps I look down at KK bump it to 3600, silly old lady with purple fingernails shoves for like 8k, limpers fold, I snapcall and she says ‘no good’ and flips 66. flop AT3 turn BINK! 6ball. River Q ship it to purple fingernails lady. Anyways, whatever, fine, it happens, down to 16k.

Still 4-8/1 2 limps I have 14.6k, look down on AQss and bump it to 3600. both limpers call (first caller was purple fingernails lady, so I say ‘ooo my archrival and nemesis!’) flop comes down Q84 with 2 clubs. Checks to me I ship it in for 11k or whatever, purple fingernails lady looks excited and asks how much, and chunks in her 11k out of her 14k stack. Other limp caller folds, and she flips up.. T8o. im like yayyyys I get to double up. Turn J.. river.. T BALL!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyys. I think action jeff had just got moved to my table, so he mighta seen my disappointment. Meh, apparently im the nut terrible at mtts cuz I have cashed like 1/20 in the live mtts ive played. Oh well, back to cash games.

Oh as an aside, CHUDDO (brian powell) has 138k and is close to the chip lead. So that’s awesome and I hope he crushes souls. Ok that’s it good luck to whoever else is still in.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Legends of Poker Main Event Trip Report!! go chuddo!

You're so bad at MTTs.

I <3 the k5cc hand.

C
Old 08-26-2007, 05:01 AM

nice writeup, std etc

if i ever play u live, im gonna vb the fk outta any pp higher than bottom pair, & expect the herocalls
Old 08-26-2007, 05:31 AM

oh ok apparently i lied about action jeff. it was not in fact him. it looked like him. but it must have been a knockoff