Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 05:12 PM

Default ChiSox/Braves Preseason Line

With the preseason wrapping up I'm gearing up for a full season of baseball betting. Today's the first day I'm putting any money on the line, as I never really feel much of an edge for most spring training games. With the rosters finalized and the Sox and Braves playing at Turner field though, this game should have a regular season game feel to it.

The line is Sox +120, Braves -140.

I like the Sox with this line. I know they've been abysmal this preseason, but they are almost always bad during the preseason. They get a more extensive look at their minor league talent in spring training than most teams. Thome is staying back in Arizona to get some extra ABs in, but he is usually worse than his replacement against lefties (Chuck James for Atlanta) anyway. Sox also took both games at Turner Field last season during these two exhibition games.

My only reservation is that Chuck James has had a lights out spring and Buerhle has been pitiful, but neither pitcher has pitched at his talent level on the spring. I'm hoping for the law of averages to kick in. Any thoughts?
Old 03-30-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: ChiSox/Braves Preseason Line

Chuck James has been lights out since they moved him into the rotation last year.