Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 02:55 PM

Default Winstar trip report: Morons, tools and a kick in the nuts for me

I was planning spending a day and a half up at Winstar, picking up the money of retarded donks and making my spring break even more lucrative than it already is (I worked 38 hours this week vs. my usual 16). Well, these two hands happened within an hour of my getting there. I only brought $160 to play with, which might be construed as dumb, but (someone back me up here) up at Winstar a single buy-in is all you really need...the games are seriously that soft.

I show up a little before 9 and am seated at 1/2 NL in the corner of the main room (which is weird, that's usually where important games, 10/20 L or 5/10 NL, go). No one at the table has more than $260 and I've got a few people covered with my $160. I couldn't have asked for a better table.

My favorite character is the tool in the 9 seat. This guy's maybe 28, short buzzed haircut, fighter jet Ray Bans, the obligatory iPod white headphones in one ear only running UNDER his shirt (which was a pinpoint button up, oil/sweat stains visable around his wrists and popped collar), which was under his his grey hoodie sweatshirt. Used the words "fly" and "playa" almost everytime he opened his mouth. He also bet like a fairy. Imagine every stereotype that goes with twenty-something donk and you've got my boy right there. No, I never got into it with him in a hand, but man, he was just plain obnoxious.

So I fold around the table twice and just watch what everyones doing. There is a limp-call UTG with K-10o which hits his boat and thinks he's won the WSOP. There's a gentleman (two spots to my right...remember this guy). Who limps UTG+1 with KK and then c-c all the way to the river (and on the river) after turning his set on a totally non-threatening board. Bottom line, I'm loving my table.

Next time in the SB I find 6-2. Eff. Call. Flop 2 pair on a 6-2-10 (2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s). Much better. I check, BB bets out 10, button raises to $20 I pop it to $60, BB pushes, Button calls and I fold. a set of 10's from the BB loses to a rivered flush. Good read, unfortunate situation.

Now for the hands that I get kicked in the nuts for:

MP limps (the gentleman from above) and I find 10-10 from CO. I raise to $10. He's the only caller.
Flop:
3-4-7r
check, bet $20, call
check, I'm confused and scared - check
push for ~$60, I've got this incredible feeling that I'm stomped into the ground, but I can't get away from it and call.
Mr. Magoo turns over AA.
Cool.
"Nh, sir."

Perhaps 10 minutes later, I'm in the BB with about $60:
Folds around to CO, call, Magoo calls, SB (Tool from above) raises to $13, I call (AJo), everyone calls.
Flop:
4-J-7 (2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s)
check, I bet $20, CO taps me, fold to me, I call with my pathetic stack and he turns over QQ. I never improve.

"You played those like a pro. NH, sir."

I'd just like to note, that on hand 2, I could have easily gotten away from that if I'd had anything left of a stack, but I didn't think I'd have a better oppurtunity to get it in than there. I'm looking for advice on both though.

Thus ends my short, sober trip to the Bank of Winstar. I'm heading up again on Saturday with some quality gents and hope to again rake in ridiculous pots, hopefully against people who limp with Premium pairs.