Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Big Pot vs. Unkown Quantity

I was visiting my brother in MT, and found a juicy little 2-6 dealers choice game. Usually jumped to 2-12 or NL overs at night and was a good time. I had been playing in it for a few weeks and had gotten a feel for most of the players when this hand goes down. LP is a dealer who plays a little too loose (like a dealer), but usually has a fair idea where he's at in the hand, although he rarely folds once he catches a piece top pair or better, to his detriment. Villain is an older gent, who seems to play relatively tight maybe 20%ish of hands regardless of position. I have little if any read on him, other than he seems tight, but still kind of stupid when it comes to poker. Some of his bets and folds make me feel like he doesn't always understand where he's at in a hand, but unfortunately I've never seen him show one down.

PF: I'm dealt AcQc in 5, I raise to $8 (single $2 blind). Dealer (who respects my play and has told me so) smooth calls in LP(8 or 9). Villain calls in the BB. Pot: $24

Flop: Q82r (one club). Villain checks, I bet 6, LP raises to 12 (if villain folds I 3-bet here, b/c it's spread limit, so there's no point in a slowplay against a weaker queen, which is what I assume he has.) Then villain, c/r to 18. I immediately make my, "What the [censored]?" face. I call though, b/c I don't know much about his play (During the play of the hand I really questioned the 12 cold here, esp if LP has a bigger hand than I think and lids it). LP calls. Pot: $78

Turn 6x (rainbow board). Villain calmly leads out for $6. Pot is now $86. I'm getting 14:1, and it will at least (barring some crazy LP raise) cost me 12 more by the end. So if it goes bet call, call, and then bet, call, call again, I'm essentially looking at a little shy of 10:1 ($114 to $12). I ???

PS, sorry about the formatting.