Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Harrah\'s Diamond Card in 1 Day.

Hey there 2+2'ers, I was wondering what would be the least risky way to get Harrah's Diamond card in a day.

Apparently you only need like 3000 tier credits, which is about 30k coin in in a video poker slot or 15k in a pull slot.

I live close to Atlantic City so if possible any recomendations there would be great, but would probably be willing to travel to Nevada if it was that much better.

So far I've heard that the best way to do it is to goto Laughlin Nevada and play the 50 play Jacks or Better for 12.50 each pull. The expected loss is only supposed to end up being like <$100, which is good, but I've also heard of horrible variance at other games leading to diamond in a day ending up costing about 7k. Hopefully a low coin in 50 or 100 play would help bring this down, right?

Well anyway, if you have any ideas please reply, and if you've done this before it would be WONDERFUL to let me in on your story and technique.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s Diamond Card in 1 Day.

AC doesn't have any cheap full pay 50-line games like Laughlin does, neither does LV for that matter.

best bet is probably to play something like $1 single line JoB and budget up to $2000 (theoretical loss $150). depending on your speed you can probably make it in 4-6 hours. the triple play 8/5 BP progressives at Bally's wouldn't be bad either, though you'll probably need closer to 8 hours on those machines to reach 30k coin-in.

almost all the 50 and 100 play machines I've seen in AC are 7/5 at best, returning 96%. if you can find a 25c five line 8/5, that might be a reasonable alternative to single line dollars, for flattening variance. but the latter is still the best play mathematically.

if you're already a frequent VP player, then you probably get some offers for cashback or comp points multipliers in the mail. going for DIAD on those days can be a good hedge against theoretical losses.

remember that ADT is the most important factor in getting free rooms at HET properties, not simply the tier level. even after you reach Diamond, you're not necessarily guaranteed a boatload of comps unless you continue to sustain a reasonable level of action per visit.

if you're not the type of player that can put through at least $5k gross on a regular day (ideally at least $10k), the DIAD long term value is fairly marginal. remember that you have to renew Diamond every year to keep it.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:02 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

Free buffets everyday before 3 PM I am told at Caesar's IN. I have never put that kind of money through a machine and probably never will.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

I believe that Diamond in a Day earned during 2007 only grants you Diamond status until March 2008. Contrast that to becoming Diamond the "regular" way (by earning 10,000 base RCs during this calendar year) and the Diamond status is in effect until March 2009.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:21 PM

Stupid question from someone who doesn't play slots... is it possible to get a Diamond card by just spending > $10k / year using their Total Rewards credit card?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 PM

I don't believe that the credit card gives you tier points, so the answer is no. You get rewards points which you can use for comps which are different from tier points.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that Diamond in a Day earned during 2007 only grants you Diamond status until March 2008. Contrast that to becoming Diamond the "regular" way (by earning 10,000 base RCs during this calendar year) and the Diamond status is in effect until March 2009.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought it was just 1 year from when you attained it. i just earned diamond (10,000 way) during my last trip to vegas a few weeks ago.

i did't see all that much exciting by becoming diamond. anything i should be aware of?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:41 PM

Mine is through March of next year also and last year was the same.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:31 AM

They have a level above Diamond now called Seven Stars. They get all the attention diamond gets.

In Indiana they have a mini buffet every day from 5-7. On fridays you get free food and liquor from 5-11 which is nice but it's crowded.

Being diamond isnt that great. I think all the people just want it so they can park for free in AC.

There is a longer thread about this about 2 weeks ago if you want to go look.

I think the return on jacks or better at caesars indiana is 99% is what the slot tech guys told me. Stay away from penny slots though. they are like 84% which is awful.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:46 AM

You would spend hundreds of dollars going to Nevada?? And why one day?

Lemme guess - prop bet?

I saw Bill Chen trying to help his friend get Diamond in a day because they had some free spa package if you did it. They had been playing the $1 for 45 minutes and had barely put a dent in what they needed. I think if you didn't do at least the $5 machines you'd want to hang yourself before you made it.