Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 11:37 AM

Default JTs in a big pot, hit OESD on a paired board

Titan Limit Hold'em, $0.50/$1.00 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

UTG+1 is 20.9/0.72/0.8 over 250+ hands. A calling station.
UTG+2 is 32.6/1/0.84 over ~100 hands.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO checks, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>,

Raise is OK here? Many players, JTs plays very well multiway and by making the pot big I can expect many players to stay in with weak draws (=&gt; high implied odds if I hit the board hard)

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 6BB )
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls,

I have OESD, great. It has to be discounted somewhat because of the paired board and the possible flush draw. I'm quite not sure whether I had enough equity here, but since many players would probably call with weak hands (big pot), I decided to bet.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( 8BB )
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls,

I hit. This seemed to me more like slowplayed trips rather than a FH, so I capped. Especially because UTG+1 was coming along and happily paying. I also had a feeling that UTG+2 was able to play trips like that (you know, one of those players, who think like to "outsmart" opponents by being tricky).

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 20BB )
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Final Pot: 22.0BB

Not a good card but I would hate seeing a checked-through river (and not getting extra 2BB). I bet with the intention to call a single raise. If it is 2 back to me I would have a tough decision. I wouldn't feel comfortable neither folding, nor calling...

Comments on each street please. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: JTs in a big pot, hit OESD on a paired board

c/c the flop

c/c the river

neither of those decisions are close and you really need to work on that flop play. 'discounted somewhat' is the understatement of the century

also, preflop is great and just put anyone that says otherwise on ignore
Old 10-20-2007, 02:16 PM

eskimo,

i think approving of the pf raise but disapproving of the flop lead is inconsistent. we raised pf because of an equity edge that comes from a hand that makes good draws on a lot of boards. well, we hit one of those good draws, so shouldn't we be pumping the pot? even though this board is not perfect, we went out of our way to make the pot huge, so why would we change our plan just because of a flush draw and a paired board?

op,

leading the river is pretty awful unless you were intending to 3bet (which would be even worse). did you notice that all of the draws came in and that your straight has been partially counterfeited?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:30 PM

raise preflop is mandatory.

flop lead is fine.

dont donk the river, unless you feel you can fold to a raise.