Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 07:18 AM

Default Learning

Hi

You guys know from my earlier posts that I am still learning.

I have read a lot of stuff and played a lot of low limit hands with some success.

I feel to progress I need to work on 2 areas of my play.

1. reading people
2. Adjusting to the table.

as far as reading people is concerned what should I be looking for, I am aware of 2 types of weak player that I can make money from "weak tight" and "loose passive" and have been highly effective against loose passsive players by playing a semi loose aggresive game.

what other types should I be looking for?

basically having moved up I am finding the table a mix of "WT" and "LP" and was wondering how to adjust for this do I focus in on the weakest and make my money from them, do I semi bluff and bluff the tights and bet for value against the loose- what if both types are in the pot?

I know this sounded like a ramble but I really know from reading this site that you are the guys to ask and I am humbled by the fact that you do help people like me.

Next how do you rate players besides there PT stats what do you look for, to exploit etc- I have really just been treating all as loose passive and at the limit I played that worked.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Learning

Basically against WT's you become more aggressive and open up your range (especially in position). Against LP's your looking to wait for good hands to value bet.

e.g if a WT limps UTG and you have 66 or 77, raise to isolate.

If you raise with KK UTG and are called by MP2 and the BB, the flop is a rag, bet, bet, bet for value.