Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 05:15 PM

Default middle PPs in LP - getting 3bet

I find this is one of my weak spots in my game. Playing a hand like 99 on the button when it's folded to me, raising it, and getting 3 bet.

I hate 4betting in that spot and folding is too tight. So I call, and then I don't know where I stand on the flop and am not sure of the best way to carry on with the hand.

What if the 3bettor has stats such as a) 26/22/3, 21/18/3, and c) 16/12/3

What would be the plan for the rest of the hand? what flops do we like?

I'll present a situation to make it easier to discuss:

6-max, 2/4NL.
Effective stack is 400.

UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, Hero raises to $14, SB raises to 52, BB folds, Hero calls (right?)

flop:
a) Q84r
872r
c) 223r
d) KT2r

Now, in this particular situation, we have position with 99. But a C-bet is coming almost every time on either of those flops. How do we handle a C-bet there? raising commits us to the hand and calling leaves us clueless and in a tough spot on the turn.

Situations like this really confuse me and I am wondering if anyone has any good ideas as to how to approach these.

thanks guys,
Gabe
Old 10-24-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: middle PPs in LP - getting 3bet

abc flops i would def be calling his cbet. Re-eval on the turn. You have to be able to estimate villains 2 barreling frequencies with air and legitimate hands to play the turn profitably. Also against an aggressive player you have to realize that if he has two unpaired cards on the flop he will only hit a pair about 14% of the time on the turn.

flop D i think I would just fold vs almost any player. too many hand combinations hit that board