Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2007, 03:10 AM

Default $10 HU SnG\'s - Move Up?

Hello,

I am a new member on this site, and this will be my first post. Nice to meet you all. I have mainly played HU sng's for the past few months, and I have been fairly successful, but I have for some reason stayed at the "LOW" stakes on PokerStars for the mere fact that my bankroll isn't large enough to sustain bigger buyin SnG's. This however is my fault, I tend to cashout too frequently because I am currently too lazy to find a job, so I need some $$'s to pay my bills.

I will paste below my Sharkscope stats for the $10 HU's. I just want some opinions on whether if I should move to the $20 HU's or not.

This might seem like a no brainer because my stats are real good, but for some odd reason I just don't feel confident to play in $20's. Maybe its just mental, because I would be playing for higher stakes, but I need to move up to make a decent amount of money. The $10's have treated me good, but grinding like $2.25 per game isn't going to pay the bills.

Little background on my play: I am a TAG player, I like to see a lot of flops for cheap, make small raises and pound hard when I have hit a monster hand, or know when I am ahead. I make a lot of semi-bluffs and try to pick up all the "orphan" pots that are being checked down.

I just need some advice and suggestions on what I should do to move up in stakes. I would love it if I could multi table HU SnG's, but whenever I do, I tend to play looser and make sudden decisions which bleed my chips away.

Thank you in advance, please feel free to contact me if you ever need any feedback regarding any questions you might have.

Good luck at the tables!

-- MxGucci