Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 09:02 AM

Default 5-10 PL Live - AXs in EP - Varying my play

5-10 PL. I started with 60xBB and worked up to 110xBB when this hand comes up.

I get A6 spades UTG. Normally, I would muck at smaller stack sizes, and limp or raise at larger stack sizes. 110xBB is an awkward size where I could play it or fold it. This time, I decide to make it 35 to go. The reason is that there are several loose players in the game who will call reasonable raises preflop with suited junk, so I don't fear that say Jxs of my suit is going to fold to my UTG raise. I make it 35 instead of the max bring in 50 to not scare off those undersuited hands.

Loose, stuck player to my immediate left with 555 calls. Loose bad player in MP calls. She has me covered. Loose stuck player in SB calls. He has me covered. BB calls. 5 to the flop. 180 in the pot.

Flop comes Q64 with 2 spades. SB and BB check. I have a pair of 6s and the nut flush draw. I bet 100. The reason is that I am getting an overlay if someone calls. If someone raises because they sense weakness, I am prepared to come over the top. I could have tried to check raise, and sometimes I would. I don't like betting full pot because I don't want someone with a weaker flush draw to fold on the flop.

Loose player to my left calls 100. Loose player in MP calls 100. Loose player in SB calls 100. BB folds. 580 in the pot.

Turn is an non-spade 8. SB bets 100. I decide to just call, getting nearly 7:1. The straight just got there. Plus, with 3 callers on the flop, I fear my pair of 6s is behind.

Loose player to my left goes all in for 320 more. Loose player in MP folds. Loose player in SB says "You want action?" and then calls the extra 320.

320 to me with 1520 in the pot. I am getting almost 5:1. Even if all I have is a flush draw, I am getting great odds. If I have all 14 outs, I am getting a huge overlay. I call.

River is an offsuit 8. SB bets, and I fold. Now, here is the funny part:

SB turns over 85 offsuit for a gutshot on the flop, a pair + gut on the turn, and trip 8s on the river.

Loose player in UTG+1 flips up Q7 offsuit for top pair on the flop, and top pair + gut on the turn. He then says to the SB:

"God Mikey. Calling 320 more on the turn with that hand? How can you play so bad?"

Old 08-08-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: 5-10 PL Live - AXs in EP - Varying my play

Hehehehe

I hope you sat with them for many more hours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]