Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 12:00 PM

Default HU 3bet OOP Flop: OESD +FD (both non nut)

100plo on stars, No HH sorry.

Villian is aggressive preflop in position and usually calls 3bets pretty light. I haven't seen him bluff yet, and assume hes not going to make any crazy moves.

Hero: (covers)
Villian: (180)

Hero is in the BB w/ (J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) DS w/ hearts on spades

Villian raises to 3, Hero reraises to 9, Villian calls

Flop: ($18)

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero leads for $15 and villian repots...hero?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: HU 3bet OOP Flop: OESD +FD (both non nut)

i'd push but I wouldn't expect to be much of a favourite in the long-run. your big fear here is a higher FD with some kind of pair.

this is the sort of spot where a fold might be justified but I can just never bring myself to do it. the more willing villian is to put you on bad draws in the future, the more likely you are to take stacks when he flops top and bottom.

another important thing that BluffThis used to talk about when he was a regular poster here is whether or not villian is the sort of player who is likely to rathole if he takes a stack off of you, which would make you much less willing to gamble on coinflips.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:00 PM

You are in a tough spot as you are only drawing to a non-spade 8 for the nuts. You are getting big odds on the draw post flop. Check/call the flop if you want to draw to your implied odds.

You are gambling without odds if the villian won't call a river bet when a non-spade 8 hits. Otherwise, you are likely to be facing another pot sized bet on the turn if you do not hit.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:00 PM

If he has a set you should call and evaluate.
If he has a better draw with a better pair you should fold.
If he has just about anything else, you should push.

On balance, the fact that you have a pair makes me think that pushing is best, but it's pretty close because I can't imagaine you have much fold equity here.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:16 AM

This is definitely a push spot, because you've got a good enough hand in all three respects (pair, straight draw, flush draw) that you're rarely going to be badly dominated. However, you really have no idea what card you want on the turn.

Also, the metagame point that cmyr made is very important in that even if it's neutral EV in the short run to push these kind of spots, letting villian think that you'll put stacks in light can often help you get paid off in dominating spots later.

Also, one last thing is that your preflop reraise might make villian think you have AA and reraise you lighter here. If villian has something like naked J6 here, you're way in front.