Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 06:44 PM

Default In mid pos, looking to get my stack in.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $2.70
BB: $9.45
Hero (UTG): $11.10
MP: $8.10
CO: $8.50
BTN: $14.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, SB folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.45) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.00</font>, BB calls $3.00, Hero...

<font color="blue"> Both people hadn't really done anything special, but i feel like i have a pretty good lock on the hand, and if someone sucks out or they turn over 33, then that's how it works.

Ok, so what's the plan here. So far, the only aggression has been the player behind me, but the guy on my right seems to wanna play as well.

My plan is, call this bet, and make a bet (or raise) on the turn.

If player 1 bets, i'll raise him, if he checks, i'll make a nice value bet (which may even get raised by the player behind me)

All i know is, i want my stack in, but there are not enough cards out there to make many strong hands. A flush draw may call a big raise, but what else doesn't wise up here? Maybe a badly played AA or KK?

Harrington mentions giving a free card with a strong hand if you hand holds most of the key cards for oppenents to make a hand.

What do we think here?</font>
Old 08-22-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: In mid pos, looking to get my stack in.

I would call the bet. On the turn I will c/r because both villians, or at least one, will make a bet on the turn and I would shove then. Villian(s) is commited then and can't fold his overpair here, wich I think both of them have.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call the bet. On the turn I will c/r because both villians, or at least one, will make a bet on the turn and I would shove then. Villian is commited and can't fold his overpair here, wich I think both of them have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like any plan that gives the chance of giving a free river card.

While it's very possible our position player will make a bet, if he checks, and lets say gives OOP a free river, i'd be pissed.

Really, i need to either make another raise on the flop, or make a bet or raise on the turn.

I don't want any line that checks the turn to be honest.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would call the bet. On the turn I will c/r because both villians, or at least one, will make a bet on the turn and I would shove then. Villian is commited and can't fold his overpair here, wich I think both of them have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like any plan that gives the chance of giving a free river card.

While it's very possible our position player will make a bet, if he checks, and lets say gives OOP a free river, i'd be pissed.

Really, i need to either make another raise on the flop, or make a bet or raise on the turn.

I don't want any line that checks the turn to be honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think both villians won't fire at this pot?

But like you say, you could also rereraise flop again.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:08 PM

raising the flop is the most EV play here. no-one ever folds an overpair here, or a 3, or a FD (which almst always has two overs to go with it). this is especially true as it's a 3-way pot and the guy with the flush draw will feel he's getting great odds to call a reraise. you don;t want the guy with a 3 to shut down if the flush comes on the turn or the gu7y with the FD to shut down if it dfoesn't.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:08 AM

So we have a $10 pot on the flop here, and i've decided to raise. Is a shove the right amount considering the amount left?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:15 AM

You can shove now and maybe stack one guy, or call and c/r the turn to probably stack two guys. I know which option I like better.

Shoving this flop is really pretty horrible.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:16 AM

i'm definately pushing while people are still going to call me with little overpairs and crap like that.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can shove now and maybe stack one guy, or call and c/r the turn to probably stack two guys. I know which option I like better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol @ shoving with the 2nd nuts being really horrible
Old 08-23-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol @ shoving with the 2nd nuts being really horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol @ not reading.