Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 07:25 AM

Default No-Limit Micro Stakes Hold\'em - which books?

I've read Harrington on Hold'em, but find the advices not very suitable for my micro stakes cashgame play (plus, it's for touraments, although I know the first book can be used for cashgames since the M is usually high).

I feel the advices in a lot of poker books are more suitable against strong players. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in those micro games I feel you really CAN play A-J after a raise, bacause it's so common to raise with stupid hands like A-4 or K-10.

So, what books to you recommend for beating up NLH cashgames with typically weak, loose players?

The closest thing I've seen is Small Stakes Hold'em, but I understand it's for fixed limits only, and therefore makes it a little different.

Thanks for any comments,

Karl
Old 05-04-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Re: No-Limit Micro Stakes Hold\'em - which books?

This particular area is lacking in the publishing world. However, Angel Largay's book is aimed straight at low limit no limit holdem. He treats it as it's own entity. His advice gets mixed reviews on this site. If you do a search you'll find some info on it.

Aside from that...I dunno. But, books like the HoH and LGB/LBB helped me alot with hand reading. AND SPEND LOTS OF TIME IN THE MICRO FORUM!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:43 AM

I assume since you are looking for MICRO you are playing online, if so Angel's book is probably no good. The backbone of his style of play is based on being able to read people and less about the actual cards. Online his style would loss many of the tools he uses.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:11 PM

Ed Miller has a series of 7 articles at notedpokerauthority.com that should help you whip any low stakes NL game.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:10 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

I think Angel's book would still be worth a read for the OP. It isn't all about reading players.