Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 09:43 AM

Default two spots with flush draws...10/25 nl live

Hand 1: Villain is a strong lag player, one of the biggest winners in nyc in the last 6 months easily. He generally does not slowplay if he was the initial aggressor, although I have certainly seen him slowplay the flop with huge hands when he was not the initial agressor. Full ring, 10/25 live.

Hand 1: Two limpers, villain makes it 250 in LP, CO calls, I call from the BB with J10dd and the limpers call. 1kish in the pot pre. Effective stacks are 7.5k to start the hand, villain has me covered.

Flop comes J57 one diamond. Sometimes I lead here, but I decided I didn't want to play that big of a pot with one pair no kicker so I checked. Checked to villain who checks. CO checks. Turn is a 4d. I lead for 600, fairly standard, although I wasn't sure about sizing.

Folds to villain who suddenly comes alive and raises to 2500. 1900 more to me, and if i call the raise I will have around 4k back.

What do you put him on, and what action do you take? I thought about calling, folding, shoving, and in that order

Also, what do I do on a
1. Diamond river
2. Blank river
3. Straight completing river.

Hand 2: Original raiser in this hand was the same villain as hand 1, although he was on tilt from losing some big pots and was certainly looking to gamble to get unstuck. We are both sitting on 15kish now. He makes it 500 (yes, 10-25-500, this is nyc) from mid-late position, button calls, I call with Kc10c from the SB (maybe not a great play, but I wanted to play a pot with him now that we were pretty deep). BB calls. BB is Joe Diesel, for those that know him. He plays a ton of poker, and is generally solid but from time to time he has blowups and makes bluffs in weird spots.

2k in the pot pre. Flop comes 9c 4c 3s. I lead for 1400. What do people think of my lead here? My thinking in the hand was there was a chance I could take the 2k in the middle, and if I get called it's not a bas position to be in. I also think I'm repping a lot of strength leading into 3 people. My image is that of a solid tag, most likely (although I'm not 100% sure).

The BB, makes it 3500 to go, leaving himself 4200 behind. Everyone else folds, back to me.
What is my play here? Easiest fold ever? Is there any way I have FE in this situation?

Thanks,
dlpnyc21
Old 07-27-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: two spots with flush draws...10/25 nl live

Hand 1: I don't even like your turnlead, and as played it's a rather trivial fold. Why would would ever even consider leading the flop I have NO idea about, 5 players in for 10bb each PF and you want to lead into the field with one pair no kicker...uhm.

Hand 2: Not a huge fan of the lead here, and as played you have to fold.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I don't even like your turnlead, and as played it's a rather trivial fold. Why would would ever even consider leading the flop I have NO idea about, 5 players in for 10bb each PF and you want to lead into the field with one pair no kicker...uhm.

Hand 2: Not a huge fan of the lead here, and as played you have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you fold hand 1, what are you putting him on, that he checked the flop behind with?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 AM

63, 45, 44 etc.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:06 AM

Both of these seem like easy folds
Old 07-27-2007, 10:52 AM

Hand one: Pretty sure you are on a naked flush draw here, so ya, fold.

Hand two: I think lead is wayyyyyyyyyy better w/ nfd cuz then you can at least shove w/ marginal/zero fe and get it in some against dominated draws. As played, I think you gotta dump it. Given that you are in the pot w/ a kinda bluffy player and another who is either stuck/tilting I don't think donking into them here is the best play, even if they do regard you as TAG
Old 07-27-2007, 11:19 AM

Both seem like pretty easy folds IMO,esp. OOP against this villain who I have a feeling,I know who you are referring to.

So you know Joe Deisel as well,and how is his game coming along lately?

~stephen [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2007, 11:28 AM

both spots are pretty disgusting once you get raised.

this is what comes of playing huge pots from the blinds?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:49 AM

i would fold both hands preflop. hand 2, i agree is an easy fold. but hand 1, i'd shove.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:05 PM

yes dave every post of yours is "someone raises to a million preflop. i call oop with a crappy hand. ignore preflop. now how do i get out of this difficult spot?"

i know we're not supposed to comment on preflop but COME ON!