Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 05:12 PM

Default 5NL - TT UTG vs. BB aggression. Good? Bad?

Had just sat down and made a note on BB limping UTG+1 with KQo. Third orbit when this hand came up. I sat down at this table initially for the higher table avg with two open seats and chose the seat next to BB due to his larger stack size. I sat down with $6.00

I've posted earlier about overvaluing pairs to the board which this seems to be. Line checks/thoughts please.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $4.35
BB: $10.89
Hero (UTG): $6.50
UTG+1: $4.90
MP1: $7.01
MP2: $1.61
CO: $8.15
BTN: $4.82

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.20</font>, 6 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.35</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.70</font>, Hero calls $0.35

I call here to see what BB will do next street. My hand seems strong enough to call a raise. I didn't want to pop it and face another raise.

Turn: ($1.82) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.20</font>, Hero calls $1.20

My initial thought was to fold but I still had overpair and did pick up a SD. I really felt this was spewing afterwards, but it seemed meh at the time. If he had a big pair why not raise me preflop? Pushing a FD? I was uncertain but decided to call anyhow.

River: ($4.22) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2.10</font>, Hero folds

Give it up here. He's fired twice after my calls and seems fairly confident. The river didn't seem to help anything, I still felt my TT might be good, but have been burned in the past overvaluing. Do you put him on a 7 or busted flush? 2 pr? The $2.10 bet seemed plausible on it's face, possibly could have been a blocking bet? This is $5NL. Previously I would have paid this off just to see, but I've read a ton of TPTK and overpair posts that just aren't any good to aggression a majority of the time.

Good laydown??? I'm 50/50.

Pot Size: $6.32 ($0.20 Rake)
Old 08-20-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: 5NL - TT UTG vs. BB aggression. Good? Bad?

I also play sometimes 5NL at pokerstars and I have seen this line from villains who showed up in the end with KK and QQ, maybe we are talking about the same villain who knows [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I think you played it excellent. You are not calling two streets with ace high even villains at 5NL know that fact. And yes some villains don't threebet with QQ or KK even not when out of position, sometimes I just call people down for info so that I can make notes...
Old 08-20-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: 5NL - TT UTG vs. BB aggression. Good? Bad?

[ QUOTE ]
I also play sometimes 5NL at pokerstars and I have seen this line from villains who showed up in the end with KK and QQ, maybe we are talking about the same villain who knows [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I think you played it excellent. You are not calling two streets with ace high even villains at 5NL know that fact. And yes some villains don't threebet with QQ or KK even not when out of position, sometimes I just call people down for info so that I can make notes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. It still left a bad taste though.

EN