Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 03:39 AM

Default Limit poker books

hello everyone, I need help finding LIMIT holdem poker books. If anyone can help me with this please recomend some good ones it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
AAdam88 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2006, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Limit poker books

Sure. I'm gonna assume you are playing relatively small stakes, so I've ordered these books by usefulness to you:

#1) Small Stakes Holdem' by Sklansky, Miller, Malmuth
#2) Getting Started in Holdem by Ed Miller
#3) The Theory of Poker by Sklansky
#4) Holdem for Advanced Players by Sklansky and Malmuth

That's plenty to blow your mind for the next year. Study them, restudy them, have them on your pillow at night. These readings are essential. Do keep in mind however that #4, Holdem for Advanced Players, will be way beyond your head unless you are already good. It tends to be a bit weak tight conmpared to the others because it assumes you are playing against players at least as good as you. Well, that won't usually be the case at 10/20, so only use it for concepts until you actually hit expert games.

Also, Sklansky's book called simply "holdem Poker," and his section in "SuperSystem" by Doyle Brunson are also excellent. Almost all of these are 2+2 books, but hey, that's where the best are from. Keep reading posts, post a lot of hands, and that will be your school. Never undervalue experience.