Old 09-10-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Official review thread, the alex

You guys know what to do, here's the link:

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA81915/20r5thHH/9385
Old 09-10-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Official review thread, the alex

Hi guys.

Thanks in advance for looking at this.

A couple of notes: (1) I did go on rebuy tilt which is out of the ordinary for me outside the guaranteed huge field rebuys. (2) At the final table, there was a hand that I can't find ATM where I raised to 775k at 15k/30k. That was a typo that was meant to 77.5k
Old 09-10-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys.

Thanks in advance for looking at this.

A couple of notes: (1) I did go on rebuy tilt which is out of the ordinary for me outside the guaranteed huge field rebuys. (2) At the final table, there was a hand that I can't find ATM where I raised to 775k at 15k/30k. That was a typo that was meant to 77.5k

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what happened on hand 54? Cause that hand kinda confused me. I thought you passed up some other +EV spots around that same stretch, and then made that move.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 PM

Hand 122. Do you think a smaller bet, or check gets more out of him? Or do you think you'd tapped him out on that hand? Just pushing him off a flush draw?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:17 PM

Hand 54 was just a way I was gonna sandbag to 1500 by leading the flop. Like I said, there was a bit of tilt from how I busted the $150k that night, so when he shoved, I was just like "Screw it."

Hand 122- With the ~7300 in the middle and so many people seeing the flop, that turn changed nothing. I could bet 4k to extract, but if he looked up on the flop with a pair, I figured he wouldn't fold. At the same time I wanted to protect against a heart draw. Multiway pots with a made hand preflop, I'm usually just looking to create a way to end the hand without losing value. The 3 PF calls and the 1800 on the flop was fine. If he wants to call with worse, cool. If he's trapping 77, OK. If he was floating the flop with big cards, I'm not getting anything else anyway. If he has a heart draw and dumps it with 8-11 outs, I'm fine with that.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Multiway pots with a made hand preflop, I'm usually just looking to create a way to end the hand without losing value.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point I need to internalize. I find myself doing the opposite, and trapping myself into spots where I lose value, then decide to stick it all in. Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:11 AM

I'm about a third of the way through right now; Some questions and observations:

Rebuy Period.
At first I was thinking you were a bit tighter than I am during a rebuy. I'll limp in with suited connectors, KT or QJ in hopes of seeing a cheap flop. I'll also call smaller raises with these type of holdings hoping to outplay on the flop. Then you push JTo and 94o ok, whatever...then you fold ATo....lol... Guess you really were on rebuy tilt. Finally #59 pays off for you.

Hand 82: I like the three bet here. I've got to learn to fire again if chk raised on such a board after I've represented strength preflop. Nicely done.

Hand 92 and one other one later: Folded A2 or A3 in a SB vs BB situation. Is a raise here out of the question at least 1/2 the time?

Hand 126 with 77 and folded to you - you passed up an opp. to open raise here. Table chip leader was BB and he was somewhat aggro. Did this play a factor? Or do you need a better hand here?

132: Limp UTG with 33, why the call to the all-in? I almost certainly lay this down - at best I'm up against two overs and at worst an overpair. I can't see this as a +EV move, but let me know if I'm wrong here.

134: With 99 why not raise Pre? How do you play this with a scarier flop - say A or K flop?

144: Folded to you with A6s - why no steal here? My guess is it's Bax in SB and perfect for a re-steal. If an unknown is there with the same stack do you steal here or is this too weak of a holding?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:39 AM

You're asking about Hand 99- Badcards is a bit of a nut. I probably just wasn't interested in playing OOP. My image isn't great with him

126: Not sure what you're asking here. I overlimped the Button with 77. Are you asking why I didn't fire the flop?

132: Maybe dumb, but Badcards was someone I saw shove with any pair, yes, but a large enough amount of big cards to go here. I normally fold here against a random, though.

134: Villian's a bit nitty and raised a limper. I didn't wanna commit to his stack because of a possibility that he's cheaply isolating a donkey. I called with the plan to stop n' go flops I saw as safe with the implication that the limper was never folding preflop. There are lot of borderline flops that could fall, but I was confident enough that Villian would be honest. For that same reason, unpaired he'd check behind so checking this flop with the intention of shoving his CB would do nothing but give him a free card.

144: Bax wouldn't expect me to raise/fold to his stack, so I don't think he'd resteal me there. He'd shove for value. With no knowledge of the other two behind me, I just figured to play for value with that 15bb stack instead of try to induce reshoves with lesser hands from people I know nothing about.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
126: Not sure what you're asking here. I overlimped the Button with 77. Are you asking why I didn't fire the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...missed the EP limp both times I watched....but now that you bring it up, in position, why not fire the flop?

Also, in position, I've read a lot about punishing limpers. Maybe that isn't the case in a $20R, but is a raise to get the blinds out and use position to represent an option here? Why the overlimp here?

Old 09-11-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...missed the EP limp both times I watched....but now that you bring it up, in position, why not fire the flop?

Also, in position, I've read a lot about punishing limpers. Maybe that isn't the case in a $20R, but is a raise to get the blinds out and use position to represent an option here? Why the overlimp here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not incapable of punishing limpers, but that wasn't the limper to punish with that hand, IMO. I didn't see the limper folding. I had him pegged as a bit nitty, so I figured his limp to have calling intentions to a standard raise. I had position, so no reason to build a pot when I can go multiway with a donkey in the BB and an aggro player in the SB.

As for the flop, that was just way too heavy. Were it checked to me on the turn, I'd've made a smallish bet to block a riverbet with stealing possibilities, but that's a good flop to check/raise with me last to act, so I took one off.