Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Minraising c-bets - What should I be expecting to see here?

I'm seeing this more at NL100 than 25 or 50, and not at all at 200. Generally bad players seem to do this, and on relatively weak flops with no paints, usually no flush draws. Do you feel more often than not it's a monster hand like a set, or a weak hand like middle pair or complete air? The few times I flopped a strong hand like a set or TPTK and 3-bet they've folded, but I'm reluctant to try and 3-bet high cards against bad players who don't fold, but also hate getting my c-bets run down by garbage as well.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Minraising c-bets - What should I be expecting to see here?

Player dependant.

The only way to know is keep notes whenever they fold to a 3 bet or showdown a monster. I think a steal is more likely just because the situation occurs more frequently.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:46 AM

this is something a read can only help u with imo, u have to notice if it's a pattern coz a minraise can be anything imo
Old 08-08-2007, 09:07 AM

They are either really strong or really weak on a dry board. Usually an underpair (like 99 on a Jxx flop) which will fold to a 3bet, but sometimes a set which will obviously not. I usually call and see what they do on the Turn. Even if I have a monster, I rarely 3bet dry boards unless there's so little money left behind that it's all going in now.

On drawy boards, they are draws about 75% of the time. Usually done as a cheap attempt at a free card or pushing us off unpaired overs. I will call and donk bet a safe turn card when OOP. When in position, I call and bet the Turn if checked to. I'm much more likely to 3bet drawy boards, but still do it less than I should.